Friday, May 27, 2011

The Pink Echinopsis finally bloomed.

These two little plants-the white and this pink - were given to me several years ago by a neighbor who has since passed away. I took the giving of them for a good sign.

Both are now in a cactus garden with other cactus, and are doing pretty well. I love the delicate blossoms that these little Echinopsis make. The pink is called Echinopsis x Los Angeles. It's a hybrid made in the 60's by a famous hybridizer, though they are so widespread due to popularity that they are in no way rare.

I try to weed carefully but still get stuck. So, remembering that I've got a hemostat that looks like it's for removing tonsils, I will try that on those pesky weeds that have wedged themselves in close to the cacti, and between the weed cloth.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working my way through the thicket of the American political scene. I am trying to not put any of that up on this blog EVER again. Meh!

Three on Thursday: Weather or not you believed it...

 1.  It's been VERY HOT!   But Now it's cooled down to 80's... We've had to use the Dreaded AC. 2. Now that it's back un...