"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Pink Echinopsis finally bloomed.

These two little plants-the white and this pink - were given to me several years ago by a neighbor who has since passed away. I took the giving of them for a good sign.

Both are now in a cactus garden with other cactus, and are doing pretty well. I love the delicate blossoms that these little Echinopsis make. The pink is called Echinopsis x Los Angeles. It's a hybrid made in the 60's by a famous hybridizer, though they are so widespread due to popularity that they are in no way rare.

I try to weed carefully but still get stuck. So, remembering that I've got a hemostat that looks like it's for removing tonsils, I will try that on those pesky weeds that have wedged themselves in close to the cacti, and between the weed cloth.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..