"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, May 29, 2011

I love sewing pattern sales

Today it is rainy. It also rained last night but I'll still have to water the plants. It's lovely we are getting any rain this late in Spring.

I've started into the pattern on the two Tosh socks, and will concentrate on getting them finished in June. I plan to do a lot of knitting in June as it's the very last fairly cool month we will have!


The picture of the new patterns has a little story. I waited and waited for Simplicity 3571 to go on sale. I had a Butterick - the pattern with the heads cut off up there in the near darkness- but it didn't have the detail of commercial PJs, and that's what I wanted.

I used to do things without patterns and swapped pattern pieces etc, but that was when I was young and frisky. Now I'm just into comforting and babying my brain and saving all that mental energy for the really important stuff, like World Peace and other incredibly illusive enterprises.

All that aside, I bought 3571 after months of waiting for it to go on super-sale. I was afraid it would disappear before I slapped down $9.00 for it, at 40% off two weeks ago! Well, one week later.... In came the JoAnn's ad that had Simplicity patterns on sale for $1.00 a piece. I got even. I spun through the on-line site and marked every one I'll ever want out of the current offering. I believe the sale is on until Monday. I might get a few more. hehe

You have to take your revenge when you can! It's a harmless form of aggressive (Combat?) shopping. Generalissimo Zippi has taken her shopping to a new level.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. But hardly any of them are for clothes! I love that pink elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you have noticed. You see, I hardly ever get patterns for anything BUT clothes so these are really a treat.

    Isn't the pink Elephant adorable? You should see the donkey and the lamb!

    You've probably heard of craft junkies who are so obsessed with decorating EVERYTHING that they will paint faces on malt balls for kids parties? Well, I aspire to being one of them. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..