"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Free Box find..

Santa Cruz has one of those spontaneous every day events enacted in lots and lot of front yards, and it's called the Free Box. Anything that the home owner doesn't want, that is considered recyclable, goes into it for the use of anyone else who walks by; they  can have for the taking. I found this little bag in one a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to use it for knitting smalls. I think it's very cute. It was probably a lunch bag in it's past incarnation.


Knitting report:The sock is coming along. When it's 3'4th done, maybe tomorrow as the sister is coming today, I'll show it. When it's to the toes. Since I did tell the recipient that it would be a year before the socks were done, this is pretty fast knitting, for me! One "0" needle got lost. sighs....

Garden Report: the two remaining roses lost all their leaves and are doing a swan song. We will see if they can be saved. They accidentally didn't get watered when we flew back in. All the drama going on didn't help. Roses, I suppose, need that drip irrigation that we always talk, talk TALK about putting in. I need to be much more attentive to my garden. I hate losing roses. It's a death I don't take lightly.

Well, here's a flower or two. Why not? I've just discovered something about blogger. IF you have a window open and are EDITING a post, when you go to Picasa and upload pictures from your web albums there, the pictures will post BELOW the blog post you are editing.

You could knock me over with a feather. I never knew it worked that way.

2 comments:

  1. This isn't relevant to your bag, but I stumbled across this: http://www.sirenelisewilhelmsen.com/sirenwilhelmsenknittingclock.html

    Is that something you were aware of? I just love the idea!

    I found it at a blog called "Brighton Craft Guerilla," and it reminds me a bit of your blog, sans the politics (which I very much enjoy!):

    http://brightoncraftguerrilla.blogspot.com/

    I've been working hard on research on my other blog, and it's about an British author, so I'm always happening upon British websites. I thought this one from the UK might be interesting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I do love that clock! I had seen it posted about on Knitter's Review. Love it! And, thank you so much for the link to the Brighton Craft Guerrilla blog. I'm going to add it to favorites right now.

    Also, can anyone watch as you build your British author blog site? I love construction sites. hehe

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..