"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Allen's Hummingbirds or, Birdie Wars!

It's very late. I am tired so not inclined to embroider my tales this late.  But there were some fun things that happened today.

Three little Allen's Hummingbirds have laid claim to the Cape Honeysuckle, and they battle all day long over airspace and resources. They are so fast that they can literally fly away off a branch before the camera can capture their image. But I got some pictures today. Other birds glean the gigantic bush, too.  A female Oriole, Scrub Jays, and others were caught up in the Aerial battles and just sat gripping the stems and watching  the fun.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.



My camera lacks the speed to freeze frame the wing beats of this amazing little bird.
He was resting on the branch when I started to take this but he took  off before the camera snapped.

Sparrows mostly watched the three Hummingbirds'  tough aerial battles

This female Oriole comes for nectar but stayed to keep an eye me.
The Scrub Jay and one of his parents came back to the nest tree to see what all the activity was all about.



Tomorrow I plan to make some Lemon Marmalade out of lemons off of our tree. I've been clearing a table in both the kitchen, for cooking, and food prep, and in the craft room for a place to make greeting cards. That used to be the room I jokingly called the Shipping Department when I operated my craft business. It had become a catch all place, not a good use for such a nice space. It now has great natural lighting because of the SolaTube that was installed in May. It's wonderful that that small room isn't like a root cellar anymore.


The sock is coming along well, the weather is cool, amazingly cool I tell you. I'm getting rid of things that I won't have the time to complete or no longer care about doing. It feels good.


Happy knitting!






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sensible comment you left on my blog. You are right, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, and I hope you get some good news about the other house, and soon! What a summer this has been!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..