"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pathetic production, and some Questions.


The yarn ball I got from a half filled bobbin (almost an archeological dig to get to the poor thing) was disappointing. I have to wait a long time to make more of this, but I am going to ply it! I don't care how small it is when plied and knit, it is my first wheel spun after all. It must be enshrined and documented for the coming generations.

I'm so lucky to have a wheel. I've wanted one practically since I saw my first merino sheep, which was a lamb that my 4H friend was raising and then showed at the county fair when we were teenagers. I wanted my own flock but in Scotland. But, dogs and horses were my first love. Why are they so expensive to keep? Why didn't we move to Central Coast when the land was cheap?

When you think about it, "Why" is just a great, big and dangerous word, and one that should never be dwelt upon unless it's something to do with politics. Political things should always be questioned. Why has big business gotten the country by the throat, and Why does organized crime and organized religion want in on the deal? Why?

Gad! See what happens when things are allowed to rattle around in one's head?

I should just go make that Lemon Marmalade.  OK, off to the kitchen!

Speaking of Kitchens, and if you don't mind sub titles, here's a foreign film to try.  It's a sweet comedy from Sweden, which purportedly involves mostly Norwegians. 



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..