"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Actual Knitting content




Autumn Leaves is done.


One more small thing to make and off they will go to the Merry Angel!


It's cooler now and so the two sweaters are coming out of hibernation and will be getting sleeves knitted. Also, I have another sock started, Jane's Hedgerows, two at a time. I've found that it's still better, though not faster, to knit two socks together. Also, that 5 inch needles, if you are careful, are not too short for my own hands, in fact they make it easier to handle dpns, which are my #1 favorite sock kneedles.

I know this might seem to be a political blog, now,  but I blame the politicians for turning everything under the sun into a political football. You can hardly talk about anything that is wrong with our lives without it being political. It's a good thing we talk about it anyway!

We can't allow them to set the agendas anymore nor taint everything with their dealings, because some issues are local and just life or death ones. Some are international and wonderful, like the people who gather brand new supplies (expired) from hospitals in the United States and take them to African hospitals. More on that later.

I'm going to keep knitting and keep my eyes open for kindness and beauty all around me, and I hope that you can find them all around you as well. Because they both are always there under the noise and screaming across the Congressional aisles, the terminal greed on Wall Street, and the posturing of selfish, ignorant office holders and seekers. Kindness and beauty are there holding their own.

We can't actually stop paying attention to what is going on on Wall Street and the revolving doors at Washington D.C. or they will keep marching our sons and daughters off to their wars for resources, and they will keep amassing obscene fortunes as well as chipping big chunks off of our civil rights. But we can keep paying attention to Nature as a true Godsend for our weary souls' respite. Don't give that up for anyone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..