"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, November 7, 2011

Two hours later... the storm

Aside from reading my book, and getting geared up to do intense PT three days a week, I'm going into a Fibro spin out. and I thought it was going to give me a miss. So, I'll pull out the "No Whining Sign" and but it in the side bar. After all, I have DH, Wolfie, and that indomitable will to live mentioned by Kilgore Trout in the book, Breakfast of Champions by the wonderful Kurt Vonnegut - he who once said, "There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president.".

Every page I read in Perfectly Legal explains to me what happened to my family in the 1970's forward. It is, sadly, very educational. I lived it, knew something was happening, warned my then 12 year old that she would have to earn a scholarship, was proven right when Reagan slashed Pell grants, and generally just watched the collapse of the American Dream. All this while we were economizing to make ends meet, working little second jobs for God knows what, and entertaining our brains with visions of America, The Beautiful where anything was possible with a good education and lots of hard work.

This is a very hard to read book but we must fix this, or we won't be able to stop this thievery before it takes the last penny out of middle class hands, not to mention the hands of the poor who bear a large tax burden in this economy.

Knitting? I have a list:
Known Objects and UFO's

1. Sock blank-to dye
2. Raw Merino Yarn hank - to dye
3. Two Churro hat kits - to knit - for ??
4. Jane's Hedgerows - on the needles - for Moi.
5. Aran Sweater - UFO for DH
6. Noro Sweater - UFO for R.
7. Apricot Sweater for L
8. Catnip mice for kitties
9. Bactus Skarf - for S
10. SF Gloves - for B


That about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..