"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, December 23, 2011

Busy, Busy day! Getting ready for company,too.

Four batches down, and two to go.  My aching back. lol
Those are Kiss Kookies, of Kourse.  And I'll tell you, the dark chocolate kisses are better because they don't stay soft.  I love that!  Tonight there is a double batch of Cranberry Pecan cookies to bake.  That should be easier. The Jam Thumbprint cookies are half strawberry and half raspberry.  I used my melon ball cutter and the tiny apothecary pestle that has been in the family for 50 years or so.  It's the first time that little thing has actually been useful!  And, the cookie sheet from King Arthur- he willed it to me in my infancy *wink* - is worth every penny it cost.  It's fully as good as the truly huge one that flew into my hands from the shelves of Smart and Final many eons ago.




Wall Swag is finally up!




I have a piano swag that is HUGE and of course we gave the piano away over a year ago.  So, now, there's one of the halves up on the wall in the tiny hall.  We have to sort of squeeze by it if we have hats on. 

The tree just has a few more things to go onto it. 


This tree is only 5.5 ft tall so we can really jam things onto it.  I love that it looks like a fairy land tree.  Some of you from OZ will see ornaments you sent.  This is an "everything" tree and it's wonderful.  If I find the rest of the stuff, it will be truly laden.  The big fancy satin balls are old, made by my sister, older daughters and I when they were wee lassies in the 60's.  That was before the twins joined the family.

PS.  I SO want that ugly bookcase somewhere else.  I'll move it because it just doesn't belong there.  I hate it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..