"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Walk with Beauty, and a little chit chat

In case you didn't see this one....

Carina Nebula.  There is a star being born in here somewhere. 

This beautiful thing is out there, the photo is from the Hawk-I camera at the European Southern Observatory telescope in Chili.  It was taken with Infra red film and you can see more HERE .  Enjoy!

and then there is this from Dotted Yellow Line:


FROM HERE on the web.  Thank you k.

Now for a meme, a selfish over-privileged 1st world meme though it is:

The general internal weather report is for a few tired days followed by semi-sleepless nights, with everything clearing up midweek, when the sunny disposition will come out again.

I knit steadily on the one sock that isn't too hard on my brain.  The rest can wait.  

Tomorrow, bone building at the gym, and then bone density testing on Tuesday.  Don't let anyone tell you that not taking your calcium tablets doesn't  make you tired and cranky.  They don't know what they are talking about.

Your legs start cramping as a sign that they are TERRIBLY displeased with you for cutting off their supply, and would you please do something about the demands of the thyroid?  When your little internal body guards are searching frantically for every spare atom of calcium to plaster your new knee with, they start screaming their tiny screams which your brain interprets, rightly so, as an emergency, and it starts putting your body as prone as possible by making you tired.  As in, "GO lie down you Idiot!"

The heart, hearing all the hubbub, knows that it is going to start being robbed of it's share, and gets intensely interested in the convo going on on the other side of the brain/body barrier as well as amongst all those snappy little neurons and their  synaptic connections.  And,  I have a earache and a drippy eye, thank you very much.  Calcium does an awful lot for us.  Happily you can usually get enough of it.

Crack cocaine?  Piffle!  I want my calcium tabs!

2 comments:

  1. My newest follower, and I came to explore your blog. Why no calcium tablets? I've skimmed back a few posts in case you told your regular readers.

    Milk is not a good source of calcium. We're supposed to aim at a cup of leafy greens each day.

    Since yours is partly a garden blog I would love if you would put where you are in your about.
    Diana of EE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Diana! Yes, I am following you, hehe. You have a wonderful blog! I found it in a search of pictures for tomorrow's post. It's featured in the next blog post due to be published tonight - 12:00 am. (I really love this new feature for Blogger and will use it a lot.)

    Gardening is, or was, a very big part of my life, the best part really, besides my raising our family. We did a lot of vegetable gardens when the kids were here. Anyway, that was before my knees wore out, and I needed knee surgery but put it off for over ten years. I'm going right back at it again! About Calcium tabs: they are my source of calcium since I am allergic any milk product.

    Thanks for stopping in, and I'm in Southern California. I'll put that in the "About me". We have a very similar climate to yours and in fact grow a lot of South African plants here,too.

    Cheers! Thanks for adding my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..