"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, February 17, 2012

Memory Lane, Farmer's Market Flowers, An Insect!, and Friday Fill - in

While putting away Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine's Day decor, I ran across my mother's watercolor box and her paint brush box, something that was made for her by her father. Some of her brushes, well, probably all of them, and a few of mine were in it.

Mother loved to do watercolor when she was younger. It was a hobby she didn't get to indulge in after marriage but she just grew all kinds of flowering plants after that as soon as she had some place to do this. I still miss my mother a lot and probably always will. I feel close to her in my garden, though she had a thing about weeds. She loved flowers and the good insects, like the posing mantis in the picture.

Mother's Water color box and brush box-with some of my brushes, too.  Found while cleaning and de-decorating.

Cosmos, I think.  From the WestSide Farmer's Market - these are the background for the heart shape on Valentine's Day
Posted by Picasa

I thought about photo shopping the props out but thought, a beauty like this little Diva would not mind the industrial setting. Human High Fashion models, after all, have posed in junk yards with much finery. Kudos to DH for the lovely photo.

Little garden visitor, posing, daintily, for her portrait.  I know, the props leave MUCH to be desired.  Lol
The Famous Friday fill -in!

1. "Finally", I cried.
2. "That bean casserole sure takes some getting used to"!
3. Dad says: "And, so, you don't like my cooking?"
4. " Beanie" is my favorite nick name for my little dog Wolfie.
5. It took a long time, but he comes to us when he's called.
6. I sometimes have regretted that but really, though, I wouldn't have it any other way.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching more Downton Abbey, tomorrow my plans include eating pretzels and watching more Downton Abbey, and Sunday, I want to make a pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..