"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Catching up a little. trash post, sort of..

One Jane's Hedgerow sock is done.  I just pulled a loop to finish the toe.  I wanted to try that sort of a finish.  Others use it all the time, so I thought, "Why not?"

The Canon S3 IS outlasted most of it's class but finally gave up on me, so it's been sent to the hospital for repairs.  I like it too much to let it go, and the fix is really a manufacturer's defect but we knew nothing about Canon fixing those models for free, until it was out of warranty.  They shouldn't be charging for it, in my humble opinion, but they are.  I can't believe that a Sony part failed in a Canon!  It's like industrial sabotage or something, wouldn't you think?  I hope Canon stays away from Sony for awhile!  That's like having a dancing partner who keeps tripping you.  Anyway, I'm sorry about there being no pictures at the moment.

This font makes a comma (,) look like this period.  Sorry.  I like the font, and at least it doesn't make an ! mark look like a lower case l.

Adventures in Athletics:

I'm getting stronger - upper body strength - but the whole of the old, cranky frame makes me pay for those sessions.  I have to start considering the hands, and how much of their dexterity I want to give up.  I feel stiffness in the fingers the day after, so maybe it's not a good idea to be doing all that heavy lifting.  I can't give up manual dexterity!  What sort of life is that?!

Now that my arms are stronger, I've tried a few tasks, like to pull the shower rod down so the curtain doesn't let water out.  We have a step in shower and the rod got set too high, and one right in front of it that carries a lace curtain is too high to but it's only decorative.  Anyway, while doing this over the head maneuver,  it took so much force to pull that rod down that I was lifting my body on it, almost.  When it came down, my thumb got caught between the two rods.  Without screaming, I got it out again, but it was close.  I've decided that a little strength training can get a person in big trouble!  I pushed everything back into place, on the other end of the rod, and on the thumb, and all is well.  heehee  I'll be thinking twice about any other "home improvements" I want to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..