"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

 I hope all you Americanos had a great day, and the evening fireworks will be worth the drive. 

We plan to cook some polish dogs - hey, it's America! - on the BBQ later, and eat potato salad that I made this morning.  DH cook ed potatoes last night, and some of the cutting up of ingredients, and I did  the rest.  It was fun to be in the kitchen again, for a bit.

After doing that, we took off for Sis's house, with a stop along the way to get some vegan treats from Starry Lane Bakery.  She was open a half day for special orders.  Star cookies in red white and blue caught my eye, and some brownies for later.  Yummmy, and Beautiful.  Ok, you can't come over from the North, Midwest, East Coast, Guatemala, or Turkey, I know, but I hope you can find someplace close to home that really "gets it" about baking vegan.

Of course we shared all the treats with my sister, and had the most pleasant time making plans for another Ghetto/Garden craft project (A bird bath) for her tiny back yard.  She had made a plant stand out of cereal boxes and a table cloth, or some such, so I had to tell her that she was doing "Ghetto Crafting", in the time honored tradition of Ghetto Crafting.  I can't find a live link to that Art any more, but  HERE is an intro to that amazing world of Guerrilla Gardening, almost as much fun.

I sat and knit many rows on the Noro Sweater, and Wolfie sat in DH's lap and snapped at the two flies that DARED to enter my sister's yard.  Wolfie was probably dreaming about those wild days when he could go anywhere he wanted to, and sit in the sun snapping at flies, down in the San Diego river bed.  Or where ever he was let go feral and almost die.  We gave him half a benadryl for this evening in a cheese ball.  He will need it, if past years are any indicator. 


The backyard cactus apples.

These will be bird food..  All the photos were taken today, in the late afternoon 4 pm.  We had solid cloud cover all day until after noon sometime.  It was a cool, lovely day, and it makes me sad for Colorado and Texas and the whole east coast.

This fallen Opuntia stalk is a windfall of Tortoise food!  These tough little desert animals do well in the back yard because something is always "falling into their laps".  I think I heard this thumbing, big branch fall over last night, while we were watching a scary episode of "Life".  It made quite a thwack!


The evidence of "predation".  lol  The thorns never seem to stop them eating a fallen cactus.






Tonight I hope to knit more as the two front's of the Noro sweater are into neckline cast offs, and fully half the back of Stardust is done.  It was all 7 inches of 3x2 rib- so not bad.  unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to knit the two fronts and the back together.   The pattern is the very next row.  My plan is to have these two sweaters all knit by the end of the Month of July, and then have the sewing up partly done by August 1st.  We'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..