"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday full-ins, and some knitting, and Accidental Art

The Friday Fill- in:
1. Well, ok, maybe four course dinners are out of the question.
2. Even three, now that's a stretch!
3. When I'm making dinners, I need them to be pretty close to one pan affairs.
4. Stir fries meals fit into one pan, and are a bit healthier.
5. And frankly, they are less of a mess to clean up after.
6. And now for something completely different: Love of Money is the root of all evil. But having enough is as good as a feast!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having dinner with my hubster and daughters, tomorrow my plans include planting some succulents and other tiny foundlings, and Sunday, I want to make some earrings and/or sock monkeys!

DD making her beautiful beaded bracelets:


Knitting report:
The back of Stardust is finished, and I tried it on Ele and it fits nicely.  I'm glad I made a small!  The one sleeve for the Noro cardy - aka "Manhattan", is almost finished and I'm going to try to make both sleeves match - that should be more fun than a barrel full of sock monkeys!

I did find that the spine of a leaf makes an excellent, pliant row marker if a knitter finds themselves in a forest without the proper gear.

 

Wolfie report:
He gets his stitches out this coming Tuesday.  They look fine but he needs to wear his yellow T just a little longer.

Accidental Art:

This bit of spilled paint, run over bt a car tire can become spectacular, with the addition of....


This:


That's all for now.  Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope all is well! I keep wanting to text but always remember when its very late! All is well on the UO front, no dead fishies to report. I finally got an ASOS of course since you guys are gone, silly RNG. Missing you guys but hope you are having a great time! <3

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..