Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday full-ins, and some knitting, and Accidental Art

The Friday Fill- in:
1. Well, ok, maybe four course dinners are out of the question.
2. Even three, now that's a stretch!
3. When I'm making dinners, I need them to be pretty close to one pan affairs.
4. Stir fries meals fit into one pan, and are a bit healthier.
5. And frankly, they are less of a mess to clean up after.
6. And now for something completely different: Love of Money is the root of all evil. But having enough is as good as a feast!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having dinner with my hubster and daughters, tomorrow my plans include planting some succulents and other tiny foundlings, and Sunday, I want to make some earrings and/or sock monkeys!

DD making her beautiful beaded bracelets:


Knitting report:
The back of Stardust is finished, and I tried it on Ele and it fits nicely.  I'm glad I made a small!  The one sleeve for the Noro cardy - aka "Manhattan", is almost finished and I'm going to try to make both sleeves match - that should be more fun than a barrel full of sock monkeys!

I did find that the spine of a leaf makes an excellent, pliant row marker if a knitter finds themselves in a forest without the proper gear.

 

Wolfie report:
He gets his stitches out this coming Tuesday.  They look fine but he needs to wear his yellow T just a little longer.

Accidental Art:

This bit of spilled paint, run over bt a car tire can become spectacular, with the addition of....


This:


That's all for now.  Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope all is well! I keep wanting to text but always remember when its very late! All is well on the UO front, no dead fishies to report. I finally got an ASOS of course since you guys are gone, silly RNG. Missing you guys but hope you are having a great time! <3

    ReplyDelete

Working my way through the thicket of the American political scene. I am trying to not put any of that up on this blog EVER again. Meh!

Three on Thursday: Weather or not you believed it...

 1.  It's been VERY HOT!   But Now it's cooled down to 80's... We've had to use the Dreaded AC. 2. Now that it's back un...