"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday fill-ins and Adventures in dentistry...

1. The tale is told of living free to move about, clean rivers and lands, and an abundance of wildlife.
2. Seeing deer, bison, and horses running freely is something that always makes me think of my ancestors.
3. To ensure my remembrance of my Indian Ancestry, I read about Native Americans and support their causes.
4.  Freedom in one's own lands is a fine thing.
5. It's never too late to recapture that feeling.
6. When I was given it, I wrote my Indian name on the back of an old receipt.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching Netflix, tomorrow my plans include staying cool - because tomorrow will be hotter again, and Sunday, I want to read "The Good Thief" and some more of "The Beginner's Guide to Walking the Buddha's Eight fold Path"!

Adventures in Dentistry:

When I went to the dentist two days ago I had to take the usual dose of anti-biotic because of knee replacement.  By the time my cleaning was done and I could sit up, I noticed a rash on my kneecap.  I looked at my chest and it was there, too.  "Mon Dieu"!  The Dental assistant looked at my back and hip and called the doctor back.  He looked at my kneecap and said, "Yes, you are having a reaction to the Amoxicillin".

Luckily, I take generic Benadryl daily, but by the time I got home I had some welts and more rash so I started taking Benadryl, a lot of it!  The next morning my face, tongue, lips and throat had swollen up like a snake had bitten me, and some welts had appeared.  I was determined to NOT have another run to the ER this month, or even this year! I just kept taking the generic B, and today I'm much better.  I mourn the loss of any penicillin, but it sort of runs in the family, so I was lucky while it lasted.

Yarn destash:  I have gifted a HUGE bag of yarns to DD, who weaves, kept some wools for small baskets and stuff, and given about 10 pounds of mixed wools and acrylics, plus some blends, to Sally's.  I'm going to have to make a list of projects otherwise they will just float right out of this leaky Kon Tiki of a brain.  Lists are good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..