"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Komeekz and Generic Blah Blah

Good old ( well, maybe not exactly old) Lalo!  Huzzah!

Yes, just when will women, who make up 50.85% of the U.S. population finally get "personhood"?




The way back machine. Elle "reading" to Bee. 


Elle could read very young but not quite this young.  After getting the idea that those sounds and symbols are what makes the story, I don't think she's ever stopped reading again!

 Elle had an eye operation before she was 18 months, and after that there was no keeping a book out of her hands.  She also taught her little sister to read!  The girls are a little over 1 and 2 here.  Does anyone else remember TV with an antenna on the roof,  and those awful plastic drapes when we were just starting out housekeeping, and they were lots cheaper than cloth?  The line snaking out the window was for our FM radio or maybe the TV.  Our TV was a black and white monster we had for years and years until someone gave us a color TV.  Anyway, we can't remember which it was as this little house had a tile roof so not so easy to put out an antenna.  Years later, The house burnt down in a big wildfire.  We hadn't lived there for a long time but I remember our wonderful neighbors, and the "hood", and felt very sorry indeed.

As an aside, none of us own a Kindle or any other device for reading books.  We just seem to like books best. No offense to those who love their Kindles and Nooks.


 I turned on the earring "machine" in the middle of the week, and have made these for a sweet, comical friend who came to meet us, with her very humorous sister, in Santa Cruz.   We go back a long ways, J and I.  She's so very dear to my heart.  We stayed in her field one year for a week.  I made some tasty little sweet buns in the tiny oven of the RV - succeeding in not burning them all - and we had a chin wag and Low Tea at the dinette one mid-morning.

She took us on a tour of wine country and we got a LOT of tasting in that day!  Wheeeee!  Also, we went to see the ancestral Native American village, re-created by California Parks and Recreation.  We need to keep those people in mind while we gaze into the distance over the tops of the Giant Redwoods at the Zip lines.  California is the home of their ancestors.

These are J's favorite colors
 Today I'll make more earrings but these will be from some re-cycled bracelets  that the DDs found at the Flea Market.  They asked me to make them some earrings.  And dear S,  yours are on the assembly line.  I found some marvelous leafy things in the bead stash.  

I mentioned the pretty flowers on something that is called bind weed in Santa Cruz.  It grows here,too, but I never knew it was a pest.  Such a pretty little flower.


Now for something else beautiful

Elle made one of these for each of us. 
My new bracelet, very hard to photograph unless it's on a light table, a technique I haven't quite mastered.

I hope your weekend is going along happily, and that there aren't too many pictures in this post to make it unwieldy!   There's a trip to the Monterey Aquarium coming up and it's loads of pictures.  I'll make a flicker album or something.  Not sure.  (How is all this for "chain of thought" blah blah?  I'm in good company with some pop pulp fiction authors, right?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..