"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Fill-ins Heavenly Abodes and a wiff of knitting

 I'm not going to my sister's on Fridays so this day just got a lot easier for her, DH and for me!  We spent the afternoon on Wednesday reminiscing about cooking, she told me about Michelle Obama's speech - which I had missed - and stuff.   We looked through her stash of old Victoriana Magazines.

Some of it was really old and ugly farm junk but some was rather pretty.  We both like Victorian things but I like Craftsman style houses the very best.  Santa Cruz has some absolutely beautiful old Craftsman houses, the most noteworthy to me is the one by the harbor on the street that runs down to Aldo's Cafe.  It is Gorgeous! It's slightly more impressive - location and grounds - than my favorite that is on Rosecrans street in San Diego.  I lust after both, and if there is housing in Heaven (which I truly doubt), the one in Santa Cruz is the one for me. 

Here's the Friday fill-in:

1. I am so far behind doing what I need to do that has scared me.
2. It seems like the week starts on Sunday and suddenly it's Friday!
3.Watching seasons of "Grey's Anatomy" on Netflix makes me laugh.
4. Did you know that you can make your own rice milk?
5. I looked more closely and I saw that there are a lot of interesting things left to do in cooking.
6. I'm so glad that I live in a house with a blender.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watering my potted plants and watching the last two episodes of "Life", tomorrow my plans include making more earrings and Sunday, I want to start up the knitting!

Yes, knitting is rearing it's ugly head  coming back into favor....just.  The weather is cooling off here.  Not quite cool enough for some dam fool with "red flannel fever" to start using his smelly fireplace while the rest of us are using fans at night, but just enough to bring sweater wrangling back into favor.

Sadly, Fitness is causing me some problems with my hands - the machines and weights that I love for upper body strength building - are making my fingers have grinchy little pains.  Well, they'll just have to buck up!  I'm not going backwards, not politically or healthwise.


We watched Elizabeth Warren's speech two days ago, having sadly missed Michelle Obama ( whose speech I will now watch on the web) and then  Bill Clinton.  HUT HUT! HIKE!!  Then last night Joe Bidan, and the POTUS on the podium.   KAPLA!!!


And now for lovers of the Wolfman


Wolfie and his Poppa reach an understanding about that T shirt and the torn out surgical stitch



 The real meaning of "small potatoes"

Volunteer plants in a pot of herbs grew these tiny gems.
They are the littlest ones I've ever seen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..