"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Skywatcher Post: Glorious Sunrise early AM today. Nashville Warbler in Garden..

Sorry, two posts in a day BUT there was this wonderful sunrise this morning and we got Rain! 

Sky at 5:40 am

I woke very early to rain (sprinkles) and it smells so wonderful outside!  Later, the sun started to rise.

After the sun was truly above the horizon:

Sky at 6:40 am

When we get any amount of rain, here, in September it feels much more normal to me.  When I was a child we used to get rain just when we started back to school.  This was true until around the beginning of the 1960's.  I'm just thrilled with September rains.  Rain is very energizing!

The first sprinkles on the stones of the Tort's "lekking" ground

Yesterday evening, when I was preparing to water the potted plants I saw a Nashville Warbler flitting around the hanging pots at dusk. It is a beautiful little bird, and a frequent visitor to the garden, only not so much in recent years. I was very happy to see that the garden was attracting a solitary one again. There were never pairs, only a single one whenever a Nashville appeared.

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwww, a sunrise and a special bird- I'd say a special day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww, a sunrise and a special bird- I'd say a special day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, this has been a very special 24 hours! Now it's time to get to work but I just want a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne
    Early risersgeto to see the best views. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Nature is really awesome!
    Love
    Meffie

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..