"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Fill-ins

After Christmas come the long days of winter....  think it's perfectly reasonable to leave decorations up until the end of the rainy season in March.  Who's it going to hurt?  Maybe I 'll leave the tiny trees decorated all year!

1. They've decided that we have to have Daylight savings time for like forever, so why not have it ALL year, I say.
2. I'd be happy to see it keep going and going, as I never get back that hour of sleep and the dog gets a little frantic around his regular dinner time anyway.
3. What is reason we have to switch back to PST?
4. I cannot watch tv shows.
5. Eyes are not meant to endure so many commercials!
6. But oh Well!  There's always Netflix!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a late Christmas movie, tomorrow my plans include welcoming more family to the dinnertable and Sunday, I want to go walking in the wilds with the kids, looking for Plantain Herb plants!

The pears on the plant:


Today, I ate some of the cactus pears from our plant.





They were very festive red on the outside so very ripe and delicious. These flowers produced the pears, some of which you can see as pre-emergent fertilized buds.


So, these babies give us fruit and nopalitos, too!
What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..