"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Luvey, Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping is in the big Apple...

Sorry there are no Tuesday Tails, unless you think of unbridled capitalism as Satan - an entity who is usually depicted with a forked tail and hooves.  We have instead, the  Reverend Billy, who is definitely not Satan.  We've talked about The good reverend in here before as a Sunday Matinee.  Now he is taking the war on the Commercialization of Christmas, and consumerism in general, to Times Square.

Greg Palast, funny guy that he can be, has written an op ed for Truthout on Reverend Billy HERE So, scamper on over to Times Square, if you are nearby, and watch The Good Reverend preachify and possibly get arrested.  Should be fun.

In my own un-romantic life, I've cleaned out the biggest rubbermaid tub they make (full of ancient bits and pieces from a doll design job Bee had as a teen) and freed it up for receiving a lot of the fall deco.  Yay me! Though, I did end up saving the larger pieces for Comfort Dolls, a whole trash can's worth went to the landfill.  I'm sorry any of it did, but really, strips a half inch wide will not make anything, though I firmly believe in the saying, "Waste not, Want not."  Some of them were so small as to be described by Hunka Munka, herself, as "snippets".

One really great thing to happen is that I also unearthed the angora hat yarn (and pattern) which will now be nailed to the wall in a zip baggy so it doesn't get lost yet again. 

Here's a sky shot, from camping this summer in the live oaks at Henry Cowles.  The squirrels were having territorial disputes, and dropped acorns down on me, but this was otherwise a pleasant, relaxing day of sky musing and dreaming.  Take your Peace where Ye may...

Make it as big as you can...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..