"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Shrooms, Rebalancing, Music Monday on Sunday this week, and a rant.

Oh, did I say it?  I hate our medical establishment as it is.  I want it changed to include un-prejudicial  care for troubled teens and young adults whose parents now, rightly so, fear that their child will carry a stigma for the rest of their lives if their child admits to any sort of mental disorder.

Furthermore, we, as a nation,  need to get rid of a lot of guns, as k has said.  Melt them down.  If the army is going to be sent after "we the people" said  army will have to come HOME first! But, how will all the people who profit from wars stay rich, you ask?  Let them all have to personally start running drugs, or laundering money, for those who do?

Keeping up the side.....
I don't think these naughty little pretenders are edible.

We went to see an Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Concert Saturday night.  It was freezing (relatively speaking) last night after all the rains.   I'll tell more later if I get back in here to do it.

Update: The AMSD Concert Saturday night was lively, masterful and ingenious.  I heard probably the most beautiful rendition of "Silent Night" I've ever heard, and that's saying something.

Purist aficionados of Slack key may cringe but one of the best improvisational jazz guitar artists out of Hawaii (Chino Montero)- and they have great ones- teamed with a wonderful duo of Herb Ohta,Jr -a top flight and excellent Ukulele player - and Keoki Kahumoku, another highly praised son of a famed father, playing excellent amped acoustical guitar.  The last mentioned two are a Duo who have an easy cross chat that makes for fun in a concert.  Lots of little jokes.  This all made for a very magical show.

They did, with the help of a Bit of Hula hands, make up a pretty funny farce of "The Twelve Days of Christmas"  There was also a very beautiful young dancer who was mostly hidden from short-little-me, but she illustrated some of the songs, and popped out for her cues as "hula dancers" in the 12 nights, to everyone's delight.

Loved the show, guys!  And music does sooth a  lot of "savage beasts".  DH bought me a very large cookie last night, during intermission, which I ate this morning for breakfast.  I only mention this because we all like to hear about cookies.  It's the kid in us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..