"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, January 14, 2013

Music Monday- Roberta Flack, "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", and Bee's Waxswax Heartscraft

This is such a beautiful song.  I love this recording where Roberta Flack plays the piano accompaniment to her voice.  She is an amazing performer.




And now, as promised, the update on the beeswax buttons for hand sewing and beading...

The set up for melting and pouring...and waiting, waiting, waiting for the wax to melt on the Low setting on the iron.
Big background photo shows the set up and tools used
Top right shows the wax melting in the chili can
Bottom right is the cooling forms.  You have to let them cool about twenty minutes before un-molding.
 The pictures are sort of self explanatory but being me, I've set about explaining it all.

Top left is a stabbing tool for testing cakes and baked potatoes but I used it to float wax on the bottom of the flat undecorated form.
Top right shows the un-molded Heart shaped silicon (blue thing)
The two on the bottom corners show the bottom and top of the connected pieces, trimmed.  

This was very fun to do, but I'll warn you to keep the iron setting as low as possible, Be patient and not walk away from the wax on the iron, and remember that everything is very hot.  The wax will stick to your skin like glue if you spill it on you, making for almost instant 3rd degree burns. The silicone mold is the one I bought some time ago from Miniature Sweet, a beautiful Etsy Shop.

I didn't sleep all night, took a long nap today and didn't start the angora hat.  But I will start it soon.  The weather is FREEZING!  I can't believe that the warnings of this that came out of Scripp's Institute of Oceanography in the early 1970s were ignored.  Now we are in it, and it's going to hurt.  My advice, learn to swim, but also, buy a full wet suit meant for the arctic. Oh yes, and watch for flying debris when the poles flip.  The last was a joke.

Sewing, when I get the Nina back, will commence in style.  DH snagged two lovely Simplicity patterns for 99¢ each for me this morning.  I couldn't be happier if I were twins.  1714, for the starfish and the nesting pincushions, and  the one I've been after forever, 2921.  There are a few others but I'm trying to stop buying anymore garment patterns.

Cheerio!  Head's up!  Go have some fun crafting. It's good for what ails you, though it doesn't solve the great question of why we are here, it does adds color and meaning to the journey.  It also keeps you off those mean streets and out of the bars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..