"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, October 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday and tiny bit more of trip photos/chat

Five Minute Friday

The word for this week is, "Laundry."  I'm stunned, what could possibly take five minutes to describe laundry itself or my relation to it in this life.  Should I say that I hung all my clothing up for years until we had a home of our own?   I actually liked it because my mother had done this before me, and my grandmother would have me hand the pins to her as she hung out the laundry.  Things have really changed because where we live is a dust farm, not my words.  If you hang laundry outside it gets dirty all over again!  DH built me a laundry get up in the small side yard, and I actually used it for some time until giving up and wanting to not have to have grit on all my clothing. 

Recently we watched a documentary by Ken Burns about the Dust Bowl, and people described over and over how their mothers or older sisters would hang out the laundry only to have a dust storm roll in and blacken it.  I thought how hard those women worked and for nothing at all.  Ten seconds and I will say that some day I would like to again live where laundry could be hung out and actually stay clean!
------------------------------------
Now the next part is to visit one of the other posters and cheer them on!  Yippie!
-------------------------------

Tippin' Down the Road, Part II

This is not in order other than small stories about this and that to accompany the pix.

Hubster, Bee and I were on the way to a Fabric store to get some knits from a bin so Bee can practice her knit sewing skills.   Santa Cruz is a lovely place and you truly do meet a lot of different people here.  Think of Venice without the Ubiquitous Palm trees;  although palms to thrive here, they are less numerous.

We found some lovely slinky black on black knit that will go into at least two garments, and something else that was more suited for a mundane "muslin" for pattern testing.  The day before, though I go no pictures of the process, I showed Bee how to lengthen - she is very tall - the pattern pieces for herself. 
She had a Stretch and Sew pattern for a long or short sleeve T, and I was happy to see that Stretch and Sew was still in business. 

I'll end here in order to post the Five Minute Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..