"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Saturday Komeekz, Good Reads, skywatcher, tiny tribute to Nelson Mandela

Teacher of Righteousness, one of the few Truly Human Beings,  Goodbye to you, Nelson.  God Bless you, and thank you for teaching us how to Be truly Human, too.  Thank you for teaching us how to forgive and move forward without rancor.

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”
Nelson Mandela



This is the cartoon I mentioned awhile back.  I finally excavated found it in one of my Swartz piles. 

I love Pickles!

Today's Saturday skies were grey and not as interesting as the week before, when the clouds spit out some drops, here and there, to tease.  See the tiny drops captured by the speeding vehicle's windscreen?

 
So, after teasing us for several days, the clouds bunched up and emitted some moisture!  It rained!  Wolfie got wet, which he hates!  DH got wet too, but he doesn't seem to mind it as much as W.  I think it's because DH doesn't have as much hair- not quite as much. hehe

Yesterday, after a shorter muscle grinding exercise session at fitness, we went to Michaels and scooped up some garlands.  The house is going to be very decorated, for the first time in years.   Today was the monthly book sale and look what DH found for me!  A massive Tome from Elizabeth George that puts me in mind of the size of A Suitable Boy by Vicram Seth, or And Ladies of the Club , by Helen Hooven Santnyer, both of which are real wrist breakers if ever there were wrist breakers.  Believing the Lie, I am hoping, is just as good a read as the two mentioned.  I always liked Elizabeth George novels until I realized that they had a horrid affect on my mood.  Sufficient time has passed that it may be this one will not make me feel like the world is chock full of psychos- ones not much different than  my paternal unit.


And there was this book, which is memoirs of  Ms. Atwood's time in Kenya.


Being a life long Californian, I seem to have a great affinity for stories, or films, about Africa.  I've read just about every book that can be found about that Continent, especially the more southern countries.  I think it must be the sun and the light that fills my imagination when I think of Africa.   Well, even the bad and terrible, to be honest, I've read it.

Last week, when Mr. Z and I were traveling back from a Christmas Do for a club we are in, I told him that if I had to be born again, which I hope doesn't actually happen, I would ask to come back to California.  That night, while eating salad in December, I said that it would be the foods that made me come back here, to California.  But, like an arrow, I would head for the Central Coast.    I'm not strong enough to live in Africa, I don't think, though I love the continent and the people very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..