"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, January 17, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Encouragement, knitbits, Skywatcher

Five Minute Friday

Join in?  My contribution will be short.  I can't type fast on the netbook.  I'm staying out of DH's way at the moment.

You see, I've caught a much milder version of the flu, because I always get my flu shot. DH does not so now I'm worrying.
 Me?  I just sound a little like a frog right now but am otherwise doing remarkably well!

 I encourage everyone to protect themselves with a flu shot unless you can't for medical reasons.  When our daughters were here, they were recovering from this thing, and it was awful even in recovery!  I picked mine up on Monday, at the gym or maybe at JoAnn's.  It's so easily done! 


Encouragement, The word for this Friday:

When I think of this word, Encouragement,  I think of the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.  All the things he says in that prayer are to encourage others:

 "Let me be an instrument of your Peace,
where there is hatred, let me sow love,
 Where there is injury, pardon...."

I encourage you to accept the gifts of a Peacemaker, of a councilor, and of Grace.

Knitting update:  I'm picking up and knitting the rest of the 211 stitches 
around the neck of the Noro Manhattan by Jane Ellison.  Seems like a great project for layabouts.  Today is planned to do just that and drink lots of nice hot tea, too.


I'll leave you with a Skywatcher post, one of the most beautiful clouds that has ever floated overhead:

Scripp's, looking south

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that prayer! May we understand the power our words have and be willing to be used to "sow love" and encouragement to others who need it!

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well, enjoy the knitting. I'm doing exactly the same as you, but possibly sounding less like a frog.
    Ciao
    Pea

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..