"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, February 10, 2014

Blue Monday, Ceramic moans, Wolfie, knitting

No music today.  I'm holed up with the Wolfie, and keeping him calm.  That means this is done on the netbook, which is fine for anything not involving videos, which it detests, proving it's hatred with unspeakable light shows and terminal fits! 

Wolfie's little eye is sore, but doing better, and part of the reason for this is minimal activity.  This means no snooflling around the dusty corners looking for the odd bit of treat that may have bounced away, nor any tiny crumb that may have escaped the toast of a morning's breakfast making. He goes to his vet later in the week.

My sister's having an operation this morning to kill some nerves in her back, so I'm waiting for a phone call on that.  Trying to stay calm is crazy in our family of Sibs.  We don't actually do "calm" all that well.  I'm going to go see her tomorrow probably.

I've not been sharing much about ceramics lately, and this is why:  Ceramics has sort of fallen through those proverbial cracks, since neither of the ancient kilns is in good health.  We, meaning the club members, are trying to find someone to evaluate and fix them.  Added to that, in my worried, semi-frantic state over my sister's operation and the doggie's eye, I knocked over a nearly finished piece of greenware when, two weeks ago, my wonky right leg hit the table's leg when I tried to get up to check on loading of the kiln.  The Golden Years, my foot!

Anyway, this piece was a tall Christmas tree full of bird houses, just about the cutest thing you can imagine, and it was almost ready to go into the kiln after weeks of work.  A lot of DH's patient brushwork had gone into it as he's been helping me paint to save my Knitter's Paw!  I will get another tree if I can find one.

Knitting report: After a short search of my many book mine shafts, I've finally found "The Finishing School" by Deborah Newton.  I spent some time reading the part about side seams, to make sure those are going in properly.  DD4, who knits sweaters told me,in a  nice way, that I was too anal about these things.  She does a perfectly great job but she's no where nearly as nervous as I am about it.  Being raised by a perfectionist maniac/jackass does not serve one well.  I'm glad to see that I've not passed on this disease to the next generation, not in Knitting anyway.  At least they can be excellent at what they do with no apparent angst.

But, back to the knitting.  I've found out, by reading the book, that safety pins are perfect for pinning parts together.  I just wasn't thinking straight when using pins.  I will never use the stitch markers that LOOK like pins again.  They just about destroyed my hand.  When there's another sale of notions, I'm getting BIG safety pins.

Now, A treat, for you all for reading this far:

For Mr. Z and the rest of Youse Guys, a 56 Chevy Truck, suitably chopped and hacked.

From Classic Trucks Site
From Yaycakes.com
 For the rest of us.....
From HERE


Make all the pictures big, and salivate all you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..