"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Stealing, Beware Tender Hearts; Sunday Matinee - Duma

Cupid's Questions

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.  


Let's go!!!

Cupid's Questions Meme
from Kodelaine

1.)Do you like Valentine's Day?   I have always liked it.  My grandmother liked it, and made special heart shaped things to eat. I used to bake cookies, or even a heart shaped cake sometimes.

2.)Are you going to celebrate it?  Probably not.

3.)Celebrate Valentine's Day with Friends or someone Special?  I live with my Valentine.  We do send each other e-cards, and I put a few decorations on the walls around the place.

4.)Pink or red? It's Pink and Red.  They go together! Hearts come out of all sorts of places, too.




5.)Candy Hearts OR cards?  Cards

6.)A short kiss or a big hug?  Which are preferred?  Both of course!

7.)What are your plans for V-day? I plan to wake up and drink some tea, and see how the day goes.

8.)What would be the best gift to receive?  Waking up, being with the pup and my best Bud.

9.)Would get back with any of your ex's for V-day?   Since I don't have any X's, I guess that answer would be NA.

10.)Is there a food or beverage you associate with V-day?   Chocolate is a food, right?  I choose that.

11.) What are your thoughts on "Love at first sight"?  I know, for me, it was "Kismet" to meet my DH.  I'm not quite sure it was for him, but he was unattached.

12.)Do you think people who have dated can stay friends? Dated?  Yes.  Not sure about the romantically involved though.  I think it's best for them to split up so they can move down new paths much easier.  Friendship may occur later on.

13.) If you could go back in time and give yourself one piece of advice about dating or relationships what would it be?  In my heart, I know I would have still chosen as I did, but I would have given more thought to how to manage the other relationships that came with it.  I wouldn't have been so dewy eyed about them.

Sunday Matinee
DUMA  We watched this last night, and I'll buy it if I can.  It is a beautifully scripted story, based on a book, about a young South African boy and a baby Cheetah he and his father save from a highway.   It is a good family film-  I noted that the PG rating said: "mild adventure story anxiety" or something close to that.  The musical score and cinematography are gorgeous.  There are African songs in it that are quite beautiful.  You won't forget this one!

I was going to put up the documentary, "Black Fish", and give it a Rave review but Jane did that already.  HERE IS A LINK back to her blog post.  It hardly needs to be said that I concur with her thoughts on this documentary subject.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting advice to your young self. I know I had great expectations for my in-laws and they were shattered a zillion times over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shattered is the word. It has seemed to run in this one as a generational nastiness. It's a shame really. Daughter's in law really get the dirty end of the stick more times than is statistically random. Xenophobia is nasty and hard to cure with kindness.

      Delete
  2. I baked heart shaped dog cookies for my dogs for valentines day. They seem to like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I so want your recipe! I have a dog bone cutter and want to use it but hearts would be fun, even to share at the park!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh...I totally love the look of your blog! My grandmother was such a green thumb and her windows were all lined with African violets. As soon as the page popped up I started to smile thinking of her. Thanks for making my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice compliment about the decor. I'm pleased that you like the violets,and that they made your day. Did you not get your grandma's green thumb,too? I got mine from my grandmother and mother, and the four DD's all got mine. (four thumbs? hmmm?) *snaps back to reality* It's fun to see a passion be passed down. That reminds me, I have to water those babies!.

      Delete
  4. I love the heart on the fence. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a gift from the neighbors who were enthusiastically slapping red oil stain all over the place on their side..

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..