"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Saturday 9 Grinch Stealing Christmas? Mon Dieu!



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!





Saturday 9: Paint It Black (1966)
Not familiar with this week's song? Hear it here.


1) This song was chosen because yesterday was Black Friday, the traditional day of sales. Have you begun your Christmas shopping? 

Traditionally, I avoid Black Friday.  So, no.  We don't really buy too much at Christmas, mostly because of having such a widely scattered family.

2) Are there any Thanksgiving leftovers in your refrigerator right now?  

Candied Yams.  Yummmm!

3) AAA says Thanksgiving is a big travel weekend. Did you venture far from home for your holiday dinner?  

Nah.  We went to DH's Sister's house which is a hop, skip and a jump away.

4) Keith Richards likes France but, alas, the French authorities haven't always been fond of him and his criminal record. Have you ever been to France?  

No, and if I had it would have been very hard to convince me to come back!  France is a lovely place to live and a great jumping off place for the rest of Europe, which, unfortunately, was not lost on the Art grabbing Nazis.

5) Mick Jagger jokes that, to be polite to fellow hotel guests, he always finishes trashing his room by 10:00 PM. What kind of hotel/motel guest are you? Are you rockstar rambunctious, or are you quiet? Are you neat? Have you stolen any towels, bathrobes, etc.?  

No.  We are quiet and respectful of property that is re-usable.  We do take the little toiletries items, though, since I know they are tossed.  Jagger came up in the crossword today.  Is he on the move? That is a very funny quote, by the way. Lol  I wonder if he was joking?

The books!  And what is a baby stroller doing in there?
Source


6) Mick Jagger got his financial savvy as a student at the London School of Economics. Are you good with money? 

My financial Savvy comes from a very frugal childhood.  I'm pretty good with money but pennies don't scream loudly as they try to leave my hand.  DH is very frugal, too, more so than am I.

We have had some little tussles about this but nothing serious.  We both knew you couldn't have it if you spent it but we did spend on important stuff like health, art stuff, music lessons, dance lessons, and a few vacations.

7) In the early 1990s, a then little-known actress named Angelina Jolie appeared in a Rolling Stones video ("Anybody Seen My Baby?"). Name an Angelina Jolie movie.

I don't know the names of any.  And, to my knowledge, I've never watched one.  I guess she was the model for Lara in the  Tomb Raiders game?  She's a gorgeous gal, inside and out.  I hope she hasn't changed.  
8) In the early 1960s, the Stones nearly avoided tragedy when their tour bus skidded off a bridge. Tell us about a near miss you're thankful for. 

One thing I'll even talk about is something terrible that happened to a relative, but she beat the odds and lived.  I'm very thankful that she came out the end of a long tunnel and still lights the world up with her love and her smile.  She had a melanoma the diameter of a mango on her leg.

9) In 1966, when this week's song was popular, CBS telecast How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the first time. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss story?

I think the Grinch is my favorite, too.  I especially love that movie with Jim Carey!


8 comments:

  1. My sister just had a melanoma removed from her back. She likes to bike ride and she thinks that's how she got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! May your sister have the best of results at check ups from now on. Fingers crossed for her. Be sure to check yourself out, too. A DD and my SIL had it. So far, so good.

      Delete
  2. We are having our Thanksgiving today so I hope to fill my refrigerator full of left-overs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May you have lots of leftovers but plenty to eat today! Shepherd's Pie? Turkey Tetrazzini? :-)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, you're right! Carrey was a great Grinch. I remember the way he worked those long, furry green fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the MAN! hehe. We are going to watch it tonight. I am a little grinchy but need to pull out the deco so hoping for inspiration!

      Delete
    2. After my disastrous financial activities when I was single, I've learned to be frugal before meeting my husband, who is also one.
      Glad to hear that it's a positive ending for your relative. Something to be truly thankful for. May we have many reasons to be thankful for as days go on. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

      In the Company of Me

      Delete
    3. Thank you for your kind wishes. I was the victim of a parent who spent every penny he made and blew through money like it was water. So, I'm careful, like my mother. Happily, it's worked out and we've been lucky, even after DH losing a job in a downsizing and me going without insurance for a year. Whew. That will teach a person thrift!

      I am very thankful that my dearest SIL is cured and healthy, and my lovely DD is alive and doing well. Take care, and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..