"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Shop on the Corner? Sunday Stealing.

Shop On The Corner Meme
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Cheers to all of us thieves!!!

Shop On The Corner Meme 

Stolen from: FYeah Surveys

1. What kind of job did your mom have when you were growing up? 
My mother kept a small farm, as I've said a million times before, and she also worked at a clothing store for the discounts and the money.

2. Have you ever known anyone that’s been on tv, including you? 
No, it just wasn't possible even though we had relatives and friends who were near the "scene" so to speak.  They knew a few.

3. What was the most interesting animal you have seen in the wild? 
I've seen a Sora! Have a Look?.   Fern T and I waded in and waited to see this very elusive little bird.  It's something that I'll never forget as long as I shall live.  

4. What holiday do you enjoy the most? 
Though I don't believe it's the actual birth of Christ, I still love Christmas and putting up the tiny Créche.  I truly love Christmas for the Spirit of Love that permeates it.

5. What was the first video game you ever played? 
PacMan, on our Commodore 64.  Lovely little game.  I sometimes miss it.

6. What is the one thing you own, that if it got lost, you would be bummed? 
My Glasses.  I can't see well enough to do fine work without them. 

7. Do you have a favorite breakfast item? 
Did you know there was an International Bacon Day!
Bacon!  Though it's now forbidden food at my age.  In truth, I could eat a whole slab of it, fried, if it wouldn't make me sick.  A friend in a club we were in would make these lovely broiled hor d'oeuvres out of water chestnuts, brown sugar and bacon that were gone so fast at the Christmas parties it was hard to get more than one.  

8. What do you find yourself buying all the time? 
Books and e books, and shoes.  

9. When was the last time you got a real letter in the mail? 
Do you mean a letter that wasn't printed on a computer?  From my friend in Turkey.  Her hands and mine are not up to penmanship on such a large scale anymore so, now, we email each other.   

10. Do you have a most prized piece of jewelry? 
My mother's little glass butterfly necklace.  You would think that having made jewelry since my teens to give away or sell, I would have something amazing but I don't.  My most prized other things are a couple of little rings found in rubble on streets.  They are worth nothing, really, but they hold a certain enchantment for me.

11. Do you own any board games? 
Let's see.....There's Scrabble, Monopoly and Chess, and some Chinese Checkers.  

12. What chore seems the most daunting right now? 
Cleaning the tile floors.  I have to get them done.



13. Were you born in the state you live in? 
I'm a war baby, so no.  My parents, who were Californians, came back out to California almost immediately when my dad came home.   I was two.  It was a case of "California Here I come, Right back where I started from!" in their case.  Ohio winters were not my parents' cups of tea.


Source


14. Have you ever lived in a house that has been broken into? 
Not while we lived in them, no.  The house we moved out of once was broken down and stripped down to the bare studs after we moved out, but then, it was in a river valley and full of nice knotty pine.  I can't blame the folks who did it. lol

15. What is your favorite cheese?
Brie... Yummm!


Picture Source


16. Who do you know that watches the most sports? 
Probably my Nephew in Law or the Brother in Laws.  They have us all watching the football games, and actually liking it, at Thanksgiving.  DH and I used to be big fans of the local teams back in the day.  I still like to watch Basketball and Soccer.  They are the only two games that move fast enough for me.  Hockey's fast, but just too bloody.  lol

2 comments:

  1. I had totally forgotten about Commodore 64's. What a blast from the past!

    Thank you for posting the picture of a Sora. That's my granddaughter's name and I'd never seen one. I thought they were a type of wren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful name for a baby girl! Remind her, when she's older, that she is named for a bird that is more seen than heard, if times get trying. hehehe

    And yes, Commodore 64's were really old creaking old techno in just about 5 months time from when we got it.. lol...

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..