"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Happy New Year, all you beautiful Sunday Gangstas!

Caution:  There be Swear Words!

December 27, 2014




The New Year's Eve Meme
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.

New Year's Eve is a few days away but there is no better time to prepare than NOW!

Let's go!!!

The New Year's Eve Meme

From the archives!

In 2014, I gained:  A new insight into how truly powerful an Act of Loving Kindness is, and how just doing nothing but breathing and smiling is at least a temporary cure for lots of things, up to and including anxxxxxxxiety.

I lost:  A very small and cute little part of the "inside team"; this I blame on Zetia, a medicine that should be taken BACK off the market, PLEASE, because if not for the internet it would have had one of the essentials  in death throes!

I stopped:  Worrying about the future.

I started: Thinking about getting rid of as much as possible of all my "STUFF, and there is a reason it's called "stuff" because the damn stuff is everywhere and messes up a person's life.  Ask me for it and I will send you some.  I've most likely got it!

I was hugely satisfied by: reaching a milestone that hardly any of my maternal female ancestors have ever reached.  I lived long enough be become a Crone!

And frustrated by: a thumb that is crooked sometimes and stiff other times.  Make up your mind, will ya, ya stoopid little hook!??  I have been kind enough to haul you around for 72 years, the least you could do is work right!

I am so embarrassed that I: took so long to figure out so many things.  Like, I am just never going to get that damned pony.

Once again, I: wish I had wings... like tinkerbell.

Once again, I did not: get a pony,  Darn!  Why can't I have a pony?

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is:  That I don't have the muscle power that I had back then.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is: I'm very alert to fun again- what the hell, why not go body surfing again, I ask you?

I loved spending time:  with my DDs, and just seeing them was like the best medicine in the world!

Why did I spend even two minutes: trying to french braid my own hair?  The thumb decided that was the most hilarious thing it's been asked to do since moving south with all it's fellows, and turned up the HEAT!  I should have spent more time: trying to paint walls and some furniture before aforementioned  thumb made up it's mind to be the family crank.

I regret buying:  Nothing.  I bought so little this year that I've got no regrets about that.  Not even a skein of yarn made it into the stash this year.
One was given to me, though.  *Happy Dance*

I will never regret buying...my stashes, even though with that money I could have ...probably bought, and fed, a pony for the last ten years.  Maybe we could have fed two!??  Bought a farm and raised ponies!??

I probably thought way too much.

I didn’t get ... enough sleep I was thinking so much.

It nearly ... drove me crazy.

The most relaxing place I went was to Santa Cruz.

Why did I go to.... hell and back trusting my doctor to try to get even more BAD fat out of my diet when the only thing that did was send me to the hospital, and to come back home with four mini scars on my belly?  There goes the bikini line!

The best thing I did for someone else was left them alone to make up their own mind about something.

The best thing I did for myself  lose five more pounds.  That I gained them back this last week is immaterial.  hehe

The best thing someone did for me was tell me to "Pay Attention!"

The one thing I’d like to do again, but do it better, is to give my two oldest DDs  a better start in life.  I was clueless and adrift.  Thanks go out into the Cosmos to the immortal to Dr. Spock!! I was much less clueless after reading his books.

10 comments:

  1. First--I LOVE the glorious sky photo in your header. Stunning.

    All your answers were so clever and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... it's a sunrise from last year. This was a fun meme, as always, so thank you for finding it!

      Delete
  2. I look back at decisions that I made with DS, and think "coulda, woulda, shoulda" but I'm still happy with how he's grown up and the person he's becoming. He's pretty cool. Great answers, too - I have a goofy hook sometimes, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a sweet and wonderful way to feel, Kathy W.

      I always feel I was a day late and a dollar short, but, you know, the DDs all turned out to be kind and generous, thoughtful people so, like you, I'm happy about the people they are...

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    I wish I could stop worrying about the future so much. Maybe then I would sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon. :-) Happy New Year to you and yours!

      Ah, sleep.....I think a person- over time- learns to let the future go and to live more in the moment. When that happens, The Future, being something you can strive to do your best for but still have no control over, stops being the "monster in the closet" or "under the bed".

      Also, I followed some advice from a fitness trainer, and started listening to my slow, steady breathing to fall asleep sooner. It has helped a lot! It clears the mind!

      Delete
  4. I think being a crone is more a state of mind than an actual age. I'm 51 and I considered myself a crone when I turned 50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I've a crone for a lot longer than I ever imagined then. hehe

      Delete
  5. I was in Santa Cruz over the summer. It was pretty awesome even though it was a very hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just missed you then! Darn! Santa Cruz is so beautiful. And, oh yes, it can get pretty toasty in Summer. It was pretty hot in June and early July this year, We were glad that we didn't go to the outdoor ceremony but the departmental one, which was indoors.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..