"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Friday5, I didn't know this was back up: Organizing and

I'm really happy that this is up and running.  *Dances in the Kitchen*

However, I picked up "something" along with the meme, in it's code, when I did a "copy and paste" and that something changed the font of my blog, so I just went back and did it a different way and all was well.

I want to put the button back up in the side bar, so I'm going to say this right up front.  Copy the questions into WordPad, Word Perfect, or something similar, first.

Just sayin' ......

This is from last week.  The one for this week is below it.

The Wee Blurb:

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5. Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

1. What is your approach to dealing with (or preventing) clutter? 
I keep all the living areas neat and tidy and as clean as possible, everyday, all day.  For other things, I've quite literally quit buying anything that would make things worse.  I will not look at most ads for my favorite craft stores, and I will not shop online for craft materials.

For Sanity's sake,  A line had to be drawn!  Meanwhile, IF I should have a fit of insanity about needing to go look at fabric, thread, close-out fleece (etc,etc,etc!) I just go into the SR and start weeding until my brain cools off.  I'm going slowly through the things in the SR to sort out items that are not for garments, quilts, scrapbooks, or card making.  Anything that doesn't have those little ear-tags is going out the door to a new home.

Clothing is going- I hang on to things for years and literally wear them out or, the obverse, I never wear them again after the event!  But there they do hang!   I'm going to be brutal and send the good stuff to new homes,as well as the recyclable things to the Goodwill - marked for recycled cotton yarns and making new park benches.

2. What kinds of (tangible) things do you seem to have an unreasonable time letting go of?
I have trouble getting rid of crafting materials, no matter what kind they are.  Re-using many paper products takes storage.  Also, being a quilter, it makes me see too many purposes in a scrap no mater how small.  I have to let go of such things.  Or get better storage for what I keep- or a little of both, toss and shelve.

3. If you could start completely over with your existing living space (and money were only a slight limitation), how would you make it more suited to you and your lifestyle?  
"Completely over" would be to remove the remodel.  I think that sounds good to me.  I'd just get rid of that and sell everything in it!  Not exactly back to nature but it would be less nerve wracking!   I want to be free of the overburden of fabric and antiquated jewelry tools!


4. How many standalone small kitchen appliances do you own, and how many do you use regularly?  Four, and though three of them get used only occasionally, what a nice thing it is to have them at hand.  The fourth is the coffee maker.  It's reaaaly handy!

5. What does your current living space really need more of?  Shelving on all the walls of the SR and the walls of the beading space in the great room. With shelving I could house everything I need to keep.  I wanted an active crafting life in retirement, and even though there have been some big hurdles, three big surgeries for one thing, it's something I still want.  If I have to stay here, in this house, shelving is what I want.  I have to make it happen.  I am not happy when I'm not creating things.

Friday5 for the 23rd.  Has not turned up by 11:00 PM, so I'm not sure that January 22 is coming very soon.  So I'll let this one post and look for the other tomorrow.  

Have a Great Weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..