"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Are we up a creek yet? Friday5

Friday5 for May 15th:  Paddles


Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

What experience have you with canoes, kayaks, and rowboats?
A. Only with rowboats, and only a little.  I sat off point loma in a rowboat, fishing, while others were SCUBA diving for lobster and abalone years ago.  I've also been in a rowboat about twice on Loch Lomond in the Santa Cruz mountains.

What experience have you with ping pong?
A. I used to play it as a kid when we went to the Rec Center programs during the summers.  The little white balls are fun to paint dots on and stick in our scrunched up eye sockets, too.  There are so many things to do with ping pong balls.... Get out the Glitter Glue!

If you were spanked as a kid, which of your parents’ implements did you fear most?
A. The whip end of a cat-o-nine tails.  We were whipped pretty viciously with it on many occasions.  Those were the bad old days!  

What experience have you with live auctions?
A. I've been to them a couple of times.  The first one I went to I won the bid on a sweet little vanity mirror with oak frame and beveled glass which we still have. 

When were you last up a creek without a paddle?
A.  Only once, while hiking in Sequoia with our kids.  Mr.Z and I were backpacking the twins- who were getting Trés Heavy!  Finally, walking along a dirt road, we were chanced upon by a passing vehicle containing some new friends at the camp, and they saw we were exhausted.  They gave us a ride back.  Otherwise, we've always been lucky enough to have a "paddle", or a plan B, since we were counterculture MacGyver types long before there was a MacGyver.  

Thanks for participating, and have a delicious weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..