"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

No Myth, no Mind, no Way!

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: No Myth (1989)


And HERE is the song, and next comes.... The Nine!  Like 12 Strings?  I sure do.  It's the Guitar to die for!

Saturday9

1) The girl in this song is "just looking for someone to dance with." Who was your most recent dance partner?
A. My oh my, that was an age ago.  Back in the age of Disco!  Other than "Sweating with the Oldies", I'd say that's the most recent.

2) Michael Penn wonders if he'd do better with the ladies if he was Romeo or Heathcliff. What fictional character represents your romantic ideal?
A. Heathcliff, too Moody, Romeo, too Teenager.  I'm afraid it's still going to be a Knight in Shining Armor, Like Saint Michael slaying Satan in Guido Reni's painting.  Trés Hunkee!

And He's a redhead

3) The lyrics refer to "knots I have yet to untie." Do the shoes you're wearing have laces?
A. It's summer.  And it's California, so it's always sandal season here.  Even in winter we wear them, with wool socks but we do wear them in the dead of winter.  Or rather, I do.  Laces?

4) Name a character from mythology.
A.  Loki, the God of Mischief and Mayhem.

5) Michael Penn is the brother of Oscar winner Sean Penn. Give us the title of a Sean Penn movie.
A.  "We're No Angels".

6) Their father, Leo Penn, was a busy TV director from the 1960s through the 1990s. He specialized in detective shows (Magnum PI and Cannon) and medical shows (Trapper John and Marcus Welby, MD). Are you more likely to watch a program with lots of car chases, or one that's set in a hospital?  
A. Those being the only two choices, I'd rather read a book about Outer Space.  I loved "L.A. Law" before it went all CSI on me.  But, hey, you can combine both of those choices and watch the early "Midsomer Murders".

7) 1989, the year "No Myth" was popular, is the year of the first HDTV broadcast. Do you watch many shows in "high def?"
A. Probably.  I watch old VHS tapes that can barely be tracked, too.  HiDef TV is Lots better, though!  if only we could cure cancer, solve world hunger, and establish World Peace with it.  Just Sayin'.  Y'know?

8) 1989 was also the year The Simpsons premiered. Who is your all-time favorite animated character?
A. The little, black dragon in "How to Train your Dragon"

Major Cuteness!

9) Random fill-in the blank: If I never had to cry again, it would be too soon.   



8 comments:

  1. Our responses to Romeo and Heathcliff area almost identical. I guess that makes us very wise women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise to those two anyway. Lol. Wise woman, that would be you, but I am such a... such a clueless Gnu!

      Is that a lyric? Gnu's (and Yaks) are my most favorite wild ungulates- after horses that is. It's late and my mind's just all a twitter

      Delete
  2. Loki is a great choice. I had a vision of Loki back in February while I was driving home (no, I was not under the influence of anything!). It freaked me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loki is such an interesting God/demon/Humanoid. Sort of like a Nordic Satan, maybe? hehehe I loved your driving home story. Do those things happen to you often? Perhaps you were listening to Wagner on the car stereo?

      Delete
    2. Oooh, good answers, all of them. Very thought-provoking! I enjoyed reading. :D

      Delete
    3. Thank you for reading and leaving a comment. This is a fun meme, and fun to do. I'll come read yours soon. I'm very remiss!

      Delete
  3. I was crying the other night, the movie we were watching had such a sad ending, the father died of cancer and his son was just getting to known him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way of the thing called LIfe, isn't it, Diana. My mother died suddenly, just as I was getting ready to take an oral history for my kids.

      We don't know what we've got til it's gone. That is sad. Crying is such a great stress reliever. I hope you have lots to smile and laugh about, too. Hugs....

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..