"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, June 27, 2015

saturday9: From Iceland... Björk, "I Miss You"

I Miss You


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: I Miss You (1997)

.. because Smellyann suggested it

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Bjork knows what she's looking for in a mate, she just hasn't met him yet. If you are/were still looking for The One, what two qualities would you hope he/she possessed?
I'd want a kind man, full of love.  He'd have to want a family, and work to protect and support them.  Why two?

2) The lyrics ask if you believe "that a dream can come true." Do you believe that dreams come true if you wish hard enough? 
I don't believe in wishes.  I believe in a power with limitless benevolence that wishes us well.  Without a miracle, I wasn't going to live to be 20.  I got my miracle.

3) Bjork turns 50 this year. Do you treat "milestone" birthdays differently? Or to you, is your age just a number?
I completely believe that age is just a number.

4) Bjork was always highly musical. At the tender age of 6 she began studying classical piano and flute. Sam is impressed because at the age of 6, she was still trying to master tying her shoes. Do you consider yourself musical?
There was a time when I considered music to be the best thing about me.  To some extent, I still feel that it is.

5) She was born and raised in Reykjavik, Iceland. While the city is known for its bar scene, beer was banned there until 1995. How often do drink beer?
I don't drink at all.  Bad for my meds, and bad for me.  But there was a time when I really enjoyed having a beer.

6) 66ºNORTH is one of Iceland's biggest employers. This clothier makes quality outdoor wear and this time of year they sell a lot of durable rainwear. Do you have a raincoat?
OOOps missed this one... No, I don't have a raincoat.  I do have a rain resistant parka type jacket and muck boots.  I'm going to go have a look at 66°NORTH.  I wear North Face and a couple of other down products.

7) In 1997, when this song was popular in clubs, Titanic was popular in theaters. Sam saw it and yes, she cried. How about you? Have you seen the saga of Jack and Rose? Did you enjoy it?
I was horrified that only a few people remembered the people in steerage.  I loved the movie and think it deserves it's blockbuster status.

8) Also in 1997, singer John Denver died. Name a John Denver song.
"Annie's Song".  I really do like that one a lot.  Except that he would sometimes change keys in the middle of a song, I really did enjoy his voice and his singing.  He was a very good song writer/singer. Good Man!   A poet.

Then there is that part of knowing Aspen before it became a compound of sky lodges and mansions.  It was an amazing little Rocky Mountain town.

9) Random question: If you had the opportunity to sky dive, would you take it?
No.  I'd rather learn how to para sail.  


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


12 comments:

  1. I liked John Denver, too, as you could probably tell. He left us too young. Seems the folks like him frequently do.

    I am glad you got your miracle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CountryDew. I also hope you get the one you need because it's no fun to hurt all the time.

      About John Denver- I'm glad to have been alive during this time for all the great things that happening in music, and he was one of them. Play on... for the rest of us.

      Delete
  2. I have always liked John Denver too! Para sailing sounds like fun!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another fan! Very good! Para sailing behind a speed boat is pretty safe, that's how I'd do it.

      Hope you have a great week of it, too!

      Delete
  3. I'm another John Denver fan! I miss his lovely songs.

    Parasailing sounds like fun--I would jump out of a plane, too, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss his songs, too, Kwizgiver. About the plane, no, not me. I'd like to fly one but it would have to be ultra safe- this from someone who would have flown ultra-lights if the kids hadn't been so small. I didn't want to leave them motherless.

      Delete
  4. I always liked Annie's Song a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Harriet. it's such a lovely love song. Annie's Song was for a real person. I think his heart and soul went into that one. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. What happened when you were 20?

    It seems you and I are the only two enthusiastic Titanic viewers. (So how did it make so much money?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the Irish in us that made us connect to the the love story? I guess it made a lot of money because it was so well researched, with added bits to make it a more personal tragedy.

      The miracle was getting out of the paternal units clutches before either I killed him or he killed me. This is not drama queen stuff. It was real life. It was only a matter of time. He was beating my mother, tearing her hair out. I don't care if the world knows this. I'd had enough of his torture. I met Mr.Z when I was 20. My miracle.

      Delete
  6. Parasailing would be fun; I always love to watch people doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like brilliant fun, doesn't it! I'm too old for it, but you go ahead and try it.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..