"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Seat of the pants Sailing into Thankful Thursday...

Since this almost turned into a pity party day, I've tacked, raised the spinnaker, and took  flight down wind to the Ocean of Dreams.

I take extreme delight in the Cape Honeysuckle through the bedroom window.  The male Allen's Hummingbird has come back and seems to "own" the Cape again.  The early morning air is brisk and fresh.  A lovely day!

I am thankful  that we have such a wonderful plumber, nearly in retirement now, bless his heart. Isn't it wonderful that the trades have not been forsaken?

I wish this arm would behave, that the mystery of it could be solved.  But, there are other things to celebrate!

Being in a hopeful, thankful frame of mind, I started going barefoot again, and it's doing wonders for my balance and joints, especially  the old witch of a hip.   It's time to make me some of my world famous barefoot sandals again!  That's a joke, they are not world famous.. It seems everyone makes them now-a-days.  My Sis remembers many things of Back in the Day.....  barefoot sandals were so excellent!
The ones we made looked exactly like these:

Middle Eastern Women started this, or maybe Hindis?  I don't know that history


Oh, in the next life, I don't what to have to wear shoes!  Ever!  I want to dance the bird dance through life and live in the Marquesas, where the Tropic Birds fly!

This sweet picture is from HERE


2 comments:

  1. Those barefoot sandals are beautiful! Barefoot is best - it's one of the primary reasons I look forward to our (albeit) short summers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear you. Even though California is noted for it's summer like weather even in winter sometimes, I loved summers even here because it meant NO MORE shoes until school started again in Fall. I was beside myself with joy when we took off our shoes at the end of the school year and ran free on the grass! When I grew up, I didn't wear anything on my feet except sometimes a pair of Indian Sandals made of buffalo hide.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..