"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Gimme an M! Gimme a K! Saturday night Live!

Cheerleader



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Cheerleader (2014) 

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Homecoming and football make this an important time of year for cheerleaders. Were you a cheerleader, or did you date one? 
A. No.  I was lucky to make it to any games at all.  The ONE game I went to one of my "crushes" on the team suffered a broken leg.  I guess our little car full of girls cried all the way home that evening.  So emotional, that moment.

2) Beyond cheerleaders and the big game, homecoming is a time for parades. Have you ever ridden on a float?
A.  No.  It would have been fun though.  

3) OMI sings that his girl is always there when he needs her. Who do you know you can always count on?
A.  That would be my dearest hubby.  (Well, and my dog, too.  He's a "who" to me too, and is always happy to see me!)

4) This video features a sandy beach, a rocky shore and palm trees. What do you see outside your window right now?
A. Sorry to be so dull.  It's nighttime, and the only thing truly visible-in the neighbor's security light- is the fence.

5) In the lyrics we hear that his cheerleader girlfriend is "like a genie in a bottle." Who would rather hang around with? Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie or Samantha from Bewitched?
A.  I have to say, I'd rather hang with Jeannie.  

6) OMI is from Jamaica. Have you ever visited that island country?
A.  No, but, I've seen some movies about it.  I liked the Jamaican bobsled story.  So cool.  I have so many reasons for loving Jamaica.  *waves across the acreage*

7) Christopher Columbus landed in Jamaica in 1494. Columbus Day will soon be upon us (October 12). Is it a big deal in your community?
A.  Not that I ever saw, and, frankly, CC should have just stayed home, the brigand.

8) Queen Elizabeth is Jamaica's head of state. Her Majesty is now 89 years old and a great grandmother. Who is the oldest person in your life?
A. My MIL, who will - I hope - live to be 100.  It would be very nice to celebrate the birthday of a family Centenarian!

9) Her Majesty was named Elizabeth Alexandra Mary after three of her relatives, who also were queens. Were you named after anyone?
No, I just have my mother's nickname for a first name.  And, I'm so glad she didn't saddle me with all her first names!

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks Sam!  Everyone, I am so far behind in the visits but promise to catch up.

10 comments:

  1. "Brigand!" I can say with almost total certainty that this is the first time that word has appeared in a Saturday 9 post. Your advanced vocabulary classes up the joint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now, remember I'm older than dirt and those words were much more widespread in dramas and even comedies in my youth. Heehee But thanks just the same!
      Words are truly fascinating in their capacity to allow us to express strong emotions.

      Delete
  2. It's Canada's Thanksgiving weekend and that is much bigger around here than Columbus Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya fellow knitter. I like the Canadian Thanksgiving and mean to do some small observance of it. There is no sense in passing up anymore of their great holidays just because one does not live there.
      Columbus Day is silly because everyone knows he wasn't even the first "white guy" to "discover" the continent.

      Delete
  3. Cheers to your MIL! I bet he will make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bud! We think she will because she's one of those tiny Italian ladies and already at 97+.
      Something completely off topic, but I can't comment on you blog for several weeks but truly enjoy reading about all you doings and such. Cool Runnins!

      Delete
  4. i went to every one of our football games in high school, but it was mostly for the companionship of friends who went, rather than me excited for the game. :P i did enjoy homecoming though for the dances. i was nominated my senior year but turned it down (it was a pity vote) but always imagined being able to dress up in the whites and do the dance at the 50 yard line on the field. ah well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, it would have been fun to wear the whites and to be a cheerleader. In my time it was all the soshies and no way in it. Now it's better maybe, at least more inclusive. Plus I actually like football. Hee hee

      Delete
  5. I was hoping that my MIL would hit 100. She passed at 93.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry,too, she didn't get the chance to be 100. But 93 is longing innings these days. I always hope for good days to be in the majority for those of that age, as they have great concerns, only some of which I am now pondering. My paternal great great grandmother lived to be 117. My own Grandma only lived to 95.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..