"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Look what we swiped! Sunday Stealing!

Sorry,  I had to do this on the net book and just linked the photos rather than copying them.

 October 17, 2015

Swiped

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.

Cheers to all of us thieves!!!

Swiped Meme


Stolen from: Love Me Some Surveys

1. Did someone die in that last movie you watched?
Oh ya, big time.  We watched, "Pitch Black" three nights ago, and there was a lot of dying going on. 



2. Are the trees pretty colors outside for you now or at all?
No, here it's late November when the trees turn color.  We have Liquid Amber, Carolina Cherries and Sycamores that all change around then.  But Yosemite goes off a little earlier...


3. Have you ever made a bad first impression on someones parents?
Once, when I was in grammar school, I inadvertently mentioned something I'd been told about a toddler who was adorable and chubby and big for his age.  Apparently my little school friend was immediately in trouble for having told me this "something" on earlier visits.  It seems the dad of the baby would give him beer from time to time.  Heck, my own dad did that, too!  My friend's mother took one look at me, and that was it!  Persona non-grata! As for my friend and I, we didn't know quite what had hit us.  I was never invited back, and it was pretty sad, because we were BFF in school..


4. When's the last time you video recorded something on TV?
Well, it was ages ago, I can tell you.  I would habitually record "Nature", "Nova", "Frontline", "Quilt in a day", and similar shows off of KPBS.
 
5. What is a career you wanted to have when you were younger, and still kind of want to have now?
I've probably said it a hundred times, but I'd still love to earn money painting seascapes, I'd also like to be a portrait painter.  Attempting to become a  Paleontologist is just far too hard now.
 
6. What are your views on sunflowers?
Yes, I like them, and would paint those, too.
 
SOURCE This is a Tuscan sunflower farm

7. What is your favorite incense or candle scent?
Patchouli.
 
8. Caramel apples or candy apples?
I like candy apples best.
 
9.  Have you ever walked into a wall?
Like flat into a wall?  No.  I have walked into the corner of a wall many, many times.  I think it's bad eyesight.  Or maybe balance?  Or maybe it's my inner Ditz?


10. Would you ever or do you make your dog wear a bandanna?
For the safety of a dog, a collar is both good and also a bad risk. The link goes to a discussion on the Dogster.com site. A bandana for photo ops is cute but, no, I take them off Wolfie right away.  He wears a quick release collar, because we know enough about this to not have a buckle type on him. He's also micro-chipped.
 
11. Do you find dandelions when they're gone all white pretty?
I think Dandelions are gorgeous as seed heads.  On this blog somewhere is a photo of a gigantic seed head we found while staying in the Lagunas one year.   Our back and front yard ones don't get as far as seeding, because all the tortoises hunt them down, mow them over and eat them.  We have even come to cultivate this wild food for them as well.  For torts dandelions are a great source of calcium.  I might toss some kale seeds out for them too this fall..Thanks for the reminder!
 
I'd have a whole backyard of these if I could.

12. What makes you laugh?
Comedy, Irony, Satire, The Onion spoofs, Spy Spoofs, Jackie Chan movies, slapstick comedy, kids playing as long as they are having fun, Wolfie running around the house like a mad dog after coming in from a walk, and Mr.Z.  Videos of cats and dogs being frisky and cute.
 
13. The scariest moment of your life?
When I thought the twins had gotten caught inside the caves along the coast by an incoming tide.  I was so parallelized by fear that I dropped to my knees and couldn't speak.
 
14. What’s the coolest thing you’ve bought lately?
Some lighted, basket like- can't describe them- pumpkin decorations.  They are really pretty, and cool looking, at night, when lit.


15. What’s the worst you’ve had to do because of losing a bet?
I'm such a stick in the mud that I never bet on anything.  Bet you can't guess why I'm that way.   :-)

12 comments:

  1. I don't know who the twins are, but I can't even imagine that level of terror. Holy smokes!

    Don't think I'm a bad doggie mom when you read my answer. I do dress my pups up but it's never for very long and they are always with me when they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The twins are my daughters. They do insane things like take off for three week to the middle east, so this just fit right in.

      You aren't a bad doggie mom. I just wanted to let people know there was a hidden danger out there. I know four people who didn't know til it happened, you see. Plus I seem to love raining on parades.. sigh.

      Delete
  2. Love the autumn photos here!!! I forgot about patchouli when I wrote my answer - I love it! Demeter fragrances makes a patchouli perfume that's divine!!! Love your sunflower and your "leaves" photo - what are those cliffs? And yes, The Onion! They're so on point! I would love them to publish some of my satirical pieces but alas, they do not accept submissions. :-( Yay loved this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cliffs are the Mountain range around Yosemite, the Sierras. And thanks about the autumn colors. This is my favorite season, the beginning of "The Wet", as it's being called more and more in California, oh the irony. Thanks for the tip on Demeter. I'll check it out!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We just use streaming, and since we have basic,basic cable, there isn't much to record. So, we just stream. Having a DVR is something that still intrigues me.

      Delete
  4. I guess dandelion greens are good for us too. My mom said when she was a kid her mom use to embarrass her by pulling over on the side of the road to pick the greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are good for us... That story about your mom is so funny!
      We've always avoided pesticides, so I've always eaten weeds from our yard in the spring and winter. I get them before the torts wake up, so, First Pick! Chick weed is good for a poultice, and you can eat it. I have a lot of that too, and the birds are crazy about it. I leave a lot for them. Lamb's Quarter you have to get when it's VERY tiny or else it tastes like poison, though it's not.

      Delete
  5. Dropping to your knees is pretty scared. Hope it was a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The happy ending was that they feared for their mortal selves and gave it a miss. I've never seen such fearless kids but then it was probably payback for what my brother and I put our mother through. And, much later, my rock hound friends had a terrible time convincing me not to go down old gold mines. Those little acorns didn't fall very far from the tree I reckon.....

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..