"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Saturday Nine: Paula Abdul, "Straight Up!"

Straight Up


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every
Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Saturday 9: Straight Up (1988) 

1) In this song, Paula sings about being in a dream. Did you dream last night?
Yes, I dream most nights. And by the way, I really love the cross-over styling of this artist.  I love her as a person, too.

2) When Paula enrolled at California State University, she planned on studying broadcasting and becoming a reporter.  Think about your career aspirations when you were 19. Did you follow through and stay on track or, like Paula, did you veer off and find success elsewhere?
I found my happiness far away from where my planned career track would have taken me.  

3) For a while she was a "Laker Girl" and performed at L.A. Laker games. Do you have a favorite NBA team?
I like the Lakers, too.  Actually I really love Basketball, and like to watch most of the pro teams, and some college teams, play.

4) Paula was once married to Brad Beckerman of Stillhouse Spirits, a company that specializes in whiskey. What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?
I like two: Tequila and Gin in cocktails made with one or the other of them.  I don't drink anymore but those were my favorite things.

5) Paula has been dancing since age 8 and, as you can see from the video, Paula moves very well in heels. Tell us about your most comfy shoes.
My Uggs, lovely Uggs!
SOURCE - interesting article by the way.
I'm not sure that UGGS is telling the truth but if they are
, they do make a good point or two. 

6) Paula admits it was her passion for jewelry and that inspired her to design her own line for QVC and Avon. What is your favorite thing to go shopping for?
I loved to shop for yarn, and before that, I liked shopping for fabric.  And then I started trying self therapy for the addictions.  Voodoo doctors are great to cure many things, but as a shopaholic, I was singularly unimpressed with the results.  I just got allergic to bird feathers and afraid of bones, two things I'd never in my life shopped for anyway! 

7) She advises young girls to "keep the faith and don't lose your gut instinct." How about you? Are you more logical or instinctive?
I'm not more of either.  My logic is enhanced, and informed, by gut instinct.  You know, a little of this and a little of that.  Meets in the middle and runs with it all.  Voodoo did help with this however.



8) In May, Paula traveled to Austria for The Life Ball, a fundraiser to help those afflicted with HIV/AIDS. When is the last time you left the country?
The last time was when Mr. Z and I went to Mexicali, and I bought knitting machine yarn in the early 90's.  We also stopped in what is now a pretty famous bakery for Pan DulcĂ©.  If you don't know what this is, here are three of my favorite ones....
Conchas: Mellownspicy.com


Orejas- SOURCE

Sweet Bean, and no they are not sticking their tongues out at you.
It was the hot lights.


9) Paula Abdul is a spokeswoman for Avon's "Go Check Yourself" campaign for breast health awareness. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Do you know anyone who has been touched by this disease?
Not so far, thanks to God.  

14 comments:

  1. Fun Meme!
    Love the UGGS - they look warm and very practical! I want some. And I just checked, they're available here too - yeah :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them, Karen. They are very warm for walking around inside during winter. I sure love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm addicted to yarn shopping. And book shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! KG, I forgot about book shopping. I'm so bad that a law has been laid down. Read the ones you have, and check the library first. hehe *blush*

      Delete
  4. I hate it when the Voodoo doctors start sticking pins in you... ops I meant acupuncturist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! That's great! Have a great Saturday Eve and a Sunday.. Oh, a week too! I remember you are retired. Yay!

      Delete
  5. i used to shop for yarn a lot when i was really into knitting and crocheting. that phase passed though and now all that yarn is just sitting in bags in my closet. :/ "one day."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lia, you will pick up the yarn in the cooler weather. That's what I'm waiting for. Hot weather is the pits for knitting.

      Delete
  6. I have way too many Uggs. They are worth the money though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one pair, and am angling for at least two more. hehe They are great, as you say. Even for sissy Californians who can't take weather down to the 50s.
      lol

      Delete
  7. This is one spooky Saturday 9! I've never worn UGGs. Maybe I'm missing something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just try one pair, Gal. See if you like them. They can be worn outside, too - Rubber soles, you see.

      Delete
  8. I loved your Sat 9 answers. Especially the voodoo one. I think I need to borrow that person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thanks CountryDew. That voodoo doctor is a traveler. Make a circle and he will be there. ;o)

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..