"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, November 13, 2015

friday5: Creativity--or lack thereof. I can't spell neuron. Is that creative?

Friday 5 for November 13: Creativity

The link for very long running and fun to do MEME is in the sidebar at the top, so it's much easier to find!   I hope you will come on over and join us!

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

1.When did you last attempt to create something outside your usual realms of creativity?
A.  I am trying to visualize a model of the Universe that includes several realities or realms that physics is now suggesting could actually be the case.  Being a visual minded person, I'm trying to figure out just how it is that, let's say, Jesus could be more real than a door, and thus able to walk through it.  I understand and believe that this is the truth of our reality, but just what the mechanism is that allows it to be so escapes me.  Lao Tse comes close, oh so close.  If only I could understand him better.
2. Where do good ideas come from?
Good ideas come from everywhere.  People have them all the time but I think mostly the best generator of good ideas is a desire to fill a need, either real or perceived.

3. Rainer Maria Rilke famously said, “If my devils are to leave me, I’m afraid my angels will take flight, as well.” What are your thoughts on the portrayal of artists as tortured souls?
Artists are tortured souls.  Euripides said it best.  "For those who think, Life is a comedy.  For those who feel, Life is a Tragedy."  
In my view, Artists are people who use their emotions in very complex ways, to try to explain the Meaning of Life.  They "feel" their way through the Human Condition.  

Thinkers are more like examiners; they are more like scientists, though some scientists have been great Humanitarians, which is definitely tied to the Emotional.  I think most people feel inadequate to really be able to reach their inner most being using just one path.  

4. What situations or environs put dampers on your creativity?
Noise,conflict, and interruptions, and cities.  I don't think cities help at all, unless they inspire and only a very few cities hit that mark, for me at least.

5. Who are some people you admire for their creativity?
Obviously I'm a fan of Euripides, but also of Ernest Hemingway, in his early years.  And, then there are  many others like, Albert Schweitzer, Vincent Van Gogh, Keats, Sylvia Plathe, T.S. Elliot, Camus, Linus Pauling, Michelangelo, Joseph Conrad, Jane Smiley, and Donna Leon.  I have hardly got a good thing to say about more  modern art past Cezanne, Kandinsky, Modigliani and Klee.  Sorry!  

Thanks for participating, and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..