"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

How can anyone say that Noam Chomsky is a leftist?.

If you read anything he's written you realize that he's for the People and not any dogma.   Duh!

I just watched "Requiem for the American Dream".  That's the documentary in which he takes linguistics, so perfect for a professor emeritus of Linguistics from MIT to employ,  and uses it against the "Mad Men" of Wall Street and Capitol Hill.

It's a perfect dissection of the arsenal of "Corporatese", and going back as far as Adam Smith to do it.

"Requiem for the American Dream", in "theaters" near you..... ;o)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, the trailer is impressive. I'll keep a lookout for it here in about half a year or so.
    Europe's problems aren't any better. The rich keep getting richer, and the poor finance the rescue of banks with their taxes. Don't get me started ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can see this train on the way to a wreck, and have watched it more than a half dozen times, but with the political system we have, where the people and their votes don't count at all, we can't stop it. Maybe Europe can, but after the bankruptcy in Greece, I don't see how. Adam Smith was right, and Aristotle. Sheesh. Greed is a mental illness, I think, as is the megalomaniac lust for power. And we call Aaron Burr a traitor, still? Hamilton was the traitor.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..