"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, May 27, 2016

Knitting progress so far this week.

Friday seems like a good day for summing up the week, so I'll start with knitting.
I'm sorry for the disappearance of sweet friday5.  I liked that meme a lot.
Damn those Hackers!

And now for what all the knitters are waiting for, The KnittingNEWS:

I've had to wait a little to add more than four rows to the sleeve, but finally, yesterday, got the sleeve onto a 16" circular hat needle.  It's a bit harder on my hands but as the stitch count goes up in ensuing increases, it will get easier.  Or not....
After seeing this at onelaststitch.com I've decided not to be a sissy about it.

Fran's Ten Minute Rule is working fine for me.  Fran is one of our Knitter's Review Angels up in Heaven.  *Smiles up and waves to the Knitting Angels*

Back to the Aran...  though I fully intend to make one like this one day,

I'm only up to the first three cable crosses, using a larger than needed cable needle for the twelve stitch cross over, and a smaller one for the normal sixes- not because it's the right thing to do, but because I can't find the smaller ones.  I'll just wing it until I can get some more.  I'd show you "progress, but three rows on a sleeve that already looks like a tiny standing rib roast gone putrid, is not at all exciting.  It does look a little cuter because now it has a fringe.

As anyone with Fibromylgia knows, you can fool yourself part of the time, but not all the time so eventually you find all your "stuff". This happy event will, hopefully, happen before you've had to buy yet another whatchacallit.  But, after all, isn't that what 50% off coupons are for?

I've also cast on the Diamond Hat this afternoon, after a major search for the one multicolor yarn I wanted to start it with.  I've been moving the yarns around so much that the old bean can't keep up! But I've set that project aside until the sleeve pattern is embedded into my brain.  It seems like the right thing to do.
So, I totally do NOT have too much yarn!

And my Dears, Go ahead, eat those cookies.  I'm not keeping count.

From this blog called Books on the Nightstand
Hope you've enjoyed the ramble through the dismal wreckage of my mind.  It's going to be this way for the rest of my life, I reckon.  Anyway, Happy knitting and yes, eat those cookies.

4 comments:

  1. I never learned to knit. I did learn to crochet once but didn't keep it up. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should give it another go, crochet or maybe learn to knit. I find it's good for sanity, I mean until I took on this Aran sweater. I've done Norwegian sweaters but they were easier! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. You can NEVER, EVER, EVER, have enough yarn :-)!
    Glad to read that you are winning the battle against the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, so true about yarn! Thank you Karen. It's been Epic, but it's happened. Last night I found the right sized cable needle in my many,many needle "stashes". "Rejoice in little victories", the knitters creed.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..