July 30, 2016
The Gongerling Meme
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes (or surveys) from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, "honor among thieves". In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. When possible, we contact the owner of the blog where we stole the post. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
We Found this gem from a blogger named Dana from the blog "Amid Life Crises". She states that this "started out as Jay doing Savannah's "Questions" meme". She actually wrote some of the questions. But, this is a far as we go. At least we aren't stealing a meme that came from one of our previous meme blogs. The funny thing about last week' meme coming from "Rock ‘n Roll Friday" is how l didn't realize it. Okay, now time for me to shout:
Cheer to all of us thieves!!
1. You're building your dream house. What's the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course)
My dream house will always be a great, big, one(or two) story Craftsman on a BIG lot near the ocean. So, a BIG Lot is the one thing.
2. What is your dream car?
I want a Town car with a pop up driver -like the one in "Men in Black2."
3. What is your favorite website that isn't a blog.
4. iPhone or Droid, which do you want/have?
I want a new iPhone. Bigger.
5. When you're feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
I eat more chocolate than is good for me. I can't eat yummy pasta or donuts anymore so their out as favorite comfort foods.
6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate.
Limburger cheese spread that comes in little jars. I've always loved it, and so did my mother.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be an Artist who painted landscapes, seascapes, and people and made a lot of money. Then I wanted to teach Geology.
8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance?
No, mine wouldn't be any fun, and no one would watch it. It would probably be about how to get rid of crabgrass or other weeds without using herbicide, and there would be a lot of diatribes on how bad those things are for frogs and other living things. No one is going to listen to a haggy old nag about Monsanto's War on Nature. There I said it, the name of the Devil.
9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up? (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.)
My High school Math and Spanish teachers.
10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do?
Put duct tape across a certain person's mouth? He never stops spewing hate!
11. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Check out the way back machine on this blog. I was knitting, recovering from having my wrist rebuilt from a crashing fall, and playing with Jazzie.
12. By this time next year, I ...
....plan to keep breathing, have the Manly-Beastly Aran sweater finished, and be making hats, hand warmers, and slippers for Dominican Hospital.
13. What is something that you need to do but you've procrastinated on?
I need to sell of a bunch of machines that I'll never use again. It's not easy to say goodbye to that part of my metal crafting life.
14. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
I once had a shag haircut. But, from the way the word's used here, I'll have to look it up as, obviously, the word "shag" has meanings I'm not aware of.
15. What is your greatest pet peeve?
Nothing peeves me more that bad, indifferent doctors who don't listen properly, and bad healthcare. You can put that on the *Peeved $ P*ssed Off" list if you want.
16. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
no, maybe some day...
17. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
I have at least thirty thousand words in my head, with their synonyms, but I do have to use the spell checker a LOT now. I bet all of you have that many or more in your own heads.
18. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
No one calls me that anymore. I have a cousin called Daisy Mae, so it was natural for my grandparents to call me Lynnie Mae. My brother sometimes calls me Lynnie Pool. But that's only because he then can call my sister Cessie Pool. My name actually means pool or Lake.
19. What are you dreading at the moment?
Dread came to visit and lived LARGE with me for five months. There's not much dread left around here to speak of.
20. Do you have a meme you think we should steal? (Yes, an old trick. But c'mon now. I gotta give it a shot. It's a lot harder to find memes now. But it's ok to answer "You're lazy" an all it a day.)
I live LIVE for your meme's. They are usually a lot of fun. I was going to quit so I would knit more, spend less time on the computer but there is so much pleasure in reading, commenting and writing these. Thank you Kwizgiver, and Bud!!!
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player's posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!