Today is National Dog Day! Yay!
Saturday 9: Hello (2015)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This video begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone?
It's a Smart phone, but not as smart as my sister's android. Actually, texting proved to be so much fun that when the old phone chargers broke, we traded in our flips. They were the best little phones but hard to text on- tiny buttons.
2) As soon as her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy?
Sam, we do the very same thing. There are no adapters in the outlets unless something's being charged. Energy conservation, just like water conservation, means that Mother Earth gets a break.
3) Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up?
I got through.
4) Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea? Year round? Only in winter? Never?
I drink tea all the time, no matter what the season and always, now, decaf, though some are caffeine free, like Rooibos chai. Yummy!
5) Adele told Glamour magazine she like two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake?
Since I'm practically immobile compared to two years ago, yes, I watch every calorie. I save sugar for things that really count, like chocolate or chocolate covered ginger from TJs. How about another Yummy here just for that chocolate treat.
6) This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, "I'm sorry?"
I've probably said that, "I'm Sorry", most recently to Mr. Z. when I did or said something that made him sad.
I'm pretty careful not to overstep my bounds with anyone, now that I'm not a parent anymore. Parents are trying hard to not raise a "criminal"( as one of my rockhound friend once said) so they can get pretty overwrought. I'm not talking about beating, brow or body. But just going a little too into the nasty side of human nature. Yelling is sort of like the Bearing of teeth, in the animal world, eh?
7) Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn't quit until 2015, after doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What's something you know you should do for your health?
A heavy smoker who sang for a living always amazed me. But they got a lot of second hand smoke anyway. I'm glad it is BANNED in Boston and every other inside venue now.
So, this is a meme and you asked about meme. Well, I really should walk and stand more. Something I'm trying to do. Knitting is fine but you can stand to do that, too. I can no longer walk and chew gum so walking while knitting is too dangerous, both for me and for others.
8) Even though she is one of the world's highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H&M. She admits she was "mortified." Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected?
No I haven't. Probably because I hardly ever used a credit card. But I did see an amazing arrest of someone who was using a stolen card! It was so exciting! It was in a small gift shop in Old Town and caused quite a stir! The perp looked me right in the eyes and stared!
9) Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom?
If you saw my craft spaces now you wouldn't believe that I was neat as a pin the whole of my life until falling ill in my fifties. I really miss that tidy sort of life and must get back to it!
|See? Even in the middle of the Jungle it's possible to tell the Naturally Tidy |
© Betty Londergan and Heifer12x12 2012.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!