"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday stealing: The Wish List Meme

Wish List Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.  
Cheers to all of us thieves!!!  



Wish List Meme, part one

1.) What are 3 things on your Wish list and why?  
I don't like being so far from my daughters.  With an aged, sick mother-in-law, and a very sick sister, it looks like I am stuck in this berg away from my girls for the rest of my life.  I wish that we could buy them all property, wish we could build little houses on it for them, and also wish we could pour a pad for our Bounder so we could go stay for weeks and see them more,dig in their gardens, and paint the walls and sew curtains and fix good things to eat.  There you go: Three wishes.  And we would laugh and laugh and share and share.  There they are. Three wishes and why.
 I miss my OWN little family.

2.) Do you miss your childhood? 
I don't miss my childhood at all.  For reasons I'll not go into again,  I had to live with a man that should have spent years in prison for what he did to the four of us.  If you have a good father, go to where he is. and hug him and tell him you love him, and you think he's wonderful.  You are LUCKY!

3.) What do you do on your spare time on the weekends?
I recover from the week of having to spend time with my sister, who soon will need much more care.  I used to go down twice a week until I got sick and now go only once a week.  I don't know what I'll do if anyone else gets sick and we have to go see them every week too.
  
4.) What do you appreciate most in your life? 
I appreciate that staying in touch is so much more easy now that phones have texting features, and it helps families stay in touch with what is going on almost minute to minute.

5.) Would you rather be rich or healthy? 
That's no darn choice!  In view of how most to the x gens got shut out of affordable housing and great schooling, I chose Wealth.  

6.) If you could go back in time would you and why? 
NO, and this one of the reasons why.  I just watched, for the second time, how Alan Turing was treated in England.  Enough said.  If you don't know who he was, he committed suicide after being horribly mistreated by his own government for being homosexual, after he and his team broke the enigma code and saved the world from being completely overrun by the Nazi Wehrmacht. I don't want to live in that world.

7.) Favorite game as a child? 
I liked to play hide and seek with my cousins and sibs.  

8.) What is your dream career? 
As an studio arts teacher at Berkeley.

9.) What do you do in your free time? 
I've learned to do a lot of Lollygagging.

10.) Favorite clothing stores? 
I don't have one.  I buy or make the sort of clothes that make me comfortable. When I buy, I buy through amazon, their retailers,. or another clothier on line. Zulily.   They fit my style.

11.) What TV shows can't you live without? 
Documentaries and NCIS.  and there is "Wallader", and I really like "Call the Midwife" , 'Midsomer Murders" , and "Mysteries of Laura".   I just adore those shows.

12.) 3 things you need in your life are:
The Love of DH and the children and friends, shelter and food and Wolfie.  That's four, I know, but three's a little arbitrary, and  I just don't care.
13.) What can't you sleep without? 
Herbals and Calcium and a couple of sleepy making but necessary (for other ailments) meds.  In fact it's way past my bedtime at the moment and I'm going to do a face plant soon.  

C/O of Newsweek

14.) Who do you have a celebrity crush on? 
My heart will alway be for Legolas..maybe Strider.  I'm just a little fickle.


15.) What is your Favorite Season and why?
I love Fall because it has cooled way down and the rains start to come....  The tree leaves turn later on in fall, almost to Christmas when the sky gets a brilliant, clear, beautiful blue.  
  
16.) What is your Favorite Wild Animal?
I'm sorry, I like them all.  There is not a wild animal I do not like.  It's just me.  Baby Hippos are very cute.
17.) Name 3 of your Favorite Childhood shows:
The only one I watched faithfully ( and our mother risked the wrath of a Demon to let us) was The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.
18.) If you could live as a character in a movie who would it be? 
No, life is not like the movies.  We don't live on sets that get dusted by an army of forty twice a day.  What conversations could one have day, after day, that wouldn't make a person want to tear every hair out of their head one by one.  You'd get a script in the morning of EVERYTHING you were allowed to do, and then have to do it all over again if there were a "miss que"  That would be a lot like being stuck in Ground Hog Day.  Shivers.. dreadful.

19.) Favorite vegetables? 
The yellow, green and red ones.

20.) Favorite Fruit? 
Mango

21.) If you had a dragon what would you name it? 
I have several dragons, do you want all their names?  

22.) What do you put on hotdogs?  
I like onions, mustard and fresh saur kraut when we can get it.
23.) Do you play online games? 
Yes, you can have some awe inspiring pets in the one we've played for19 years.  
24.) Whats your favorite way to get inspired? 
Nature and bird watching.

25.) Do you have a middle name?
Yes, it's my Grandfather's family name.  

10 comments:

  1. I think you are the first other person I've ever heard mention the sky in autumn as part of what you love. It is the most incredible bright, clear blue in October over here in PA. Put those flame colored leaves against it....breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan Turing gave so much to the world. What happened to him was awful :(
    I've gotten some great stuff off Zulily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zulily has amazing tops. I can, because my torso's so short, wear their tunics as dresses. lol

      Delete
  3. I had to google Zulily. Neat stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got to see it. The selection is mind boggling. Just remember, they mean what they say about no machine drying. Things will get too small if you stick them into a dryer.

      Delete
  4. You've played an online game for 19 years? Wow. And thank goodness there's another LotR lover here. Whew. My husband thinks I have a great crush on Legolas, which I do, but that scruffiness of Aragorn kinda gets me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the Aragorn scruffiness is very appealing. :D

      And yes, we played through thick and thin and made some great friends through it. It's very different, not 3D and quaint in it's way, but so rich with fun and possibilities. The designers are just awesome in the things they make with the tiniest pixels you've ever seen.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the reminder to be grateful for all the blessings in life, like a decent dad and for the sky in autumn. It's easy to miss the obvious. And yay for your mom for sneaking you some Rocky & Bullwinkle! Great show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to remember small things that make life bearable. And, Mother rebelled when she could. I'm sorry she died so long ago, or I would have had her come live with us. She was a very calm and quiet person with a gentle zen way. She always loved things Chinese, and I think of her as a very old soul.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..