"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sunday Stealing Double Header...

December 10, 2016

Dearest Niners and Thieves, I will be around on sunday to visit.  It's so lovely, and brilliant fun, to go visiting.

The Bearded Questions
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post. 


Bouncing Billy & Bud Weiser November 2016
This space has become a bit like a Chuck Lorre vanity card. I usually tell you about the person that I stole the meme from, if I know it. But nowadays we have to use all sorts of question sites to find decent ones. But most of all of us started our blogs about 10 years ago. I’d say 75% of our blog friends left for Facebook. Which is weird because you can do both. And this gives us a place to vent without worrying about who will read it. OK, a bonus question to put at the end. I grew a beard. I stopped shaving when I got ill. It took four days just to figure out that I broke three discs in my neck. Anyway, my wife hates it. Since almost all of you are women, add this question: How do you feel about beards? No bonus points. I'm curious.
Sunday Stealing: The Bearded Questions



What is some of your favorite music?
In my list, Classical is going neck and neck with all the Rock and Roll Genres.

List your three favorite scents. 
Pine Trees, Sage, and Patchouli 

How do you ground yourself or recharge? 
I've learned to shut off my mind..silent mind.. and listen to my memories of the wind in trees.

Any ways you treat or spoil yourself? 
Gee, I don't know but it's probably Chocolate and "NCIS"?  Ya, that's what I spoil myself with, but what happens, McGee, when we reach the end of the series?  I must go lie down right now....

Besides your blog, do you have a creative past-time? 
Nearly all my creative output is in the Past Time.  I've had a lot of fun with being creative, I reckon.

Share something difficult you've been through. 
I'm only going to say this:  That I've survived one of the most criminally abusive childhoods imaginable without living in a war torn country and dodging explosives.
  
What helps you fall asleep?
I silently repeat this little command: "Think of nothing".

What is one strength and one weakness of yours?
Ebullience is a strength, and weakness is that I now "find myself in the weak and feeble body of a woman". Thank you, Elizabeth I...

Have you ever received a letter or written one to someone else?
Lots of times, and I miss penpals and getting a letter in the mail!  
Say, do you realize that posting letters might make a comeback?  I'm sure the nosey in our midst- a veiled referral to Big Brother - would not want to steam open and read long letters and try them against all their code ciphers.  They really don't want that to happen.  Old school is best for keeping secrets.

What makes you feel powerful, what breathes life into you? 
Gee, let's see.  That would be, nothing, and my involuntary muscle systems.

What's your favorite thing to do at night? 
I just want to get more than 5 hours sleep.

If you could go back to any era, what would they be?
I wouldn't mind being a Cherokee but LONG before that Europeans came and force marched my tribe to Oklahoma.  Cherokee's had the neatest life, almost like Camping out, but with little log houses for winter.

Your favorite things to wear at home? 
Since it's winter, I invariably wear long corduroys, silk turtlenecks, one of my tops, and wool socks with Skechers, but not to bed, of course.  

If you could be immortal or have an extremely long life span which would you pick and why? 
Could I please be able to pick "immortal" but not on Earth.  The Orange Menace, his cronies, and the rest of the 1%  are going to all out to finish this game called "War Pays Big!",and I sure as heck do not want to be around to see it. 

Tell us about something positive you have done for yourself or someone recently.
I have Loved them.  Just loved them.

One thing you like about your appearance?
My eyes

Something that makes you feel better after a hard day? 
Can I get back  to you on this?

If you have one, name a favorite book & movie. 
I really like, "A suitable Boy" and would love to read it again.  I'd have to own it though.  It is a huge book.  Movie?  I have watched "Enchanted April" so many times it must be near the top of a list, which I don't actually keep.  I think "Princess Bride" is nipping at it's heels.

 For Bud...
Yes, Bud, I do like beards.  I've lived with and loved a bearded hubster since the mid 60's.  
So, two thumbs up for nice guys with equally nice beards.
  




Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!


Finis


December 17, 2016


We didn't find this gem. The Gal Herself did. She seems to have a sixth sense when I hit a wall with this. Gal found a blogger called “Lana G” who often played Know & Tell Friday. Back in its day it had a decent following. I appreciated this assist. I want to keep this going until I figure out what's next. I'm not being cryptic. Or am I? Foreshadowing? Thanks, Gal.  




Sunday Stealing: The Here-to-Serve 16 Questions 

1. Which is worse? Being gossiped about or being lied to?
I don't actually know what Gossip is, so I'll go with being lied to.  Gossip is just a form that could be a lie anyway, right?  It's late and I am soooo tired.. Can you tell?

2. What is your favorite "Starbucks" drink? Or if you have better taste, Dunkin’Donuts? 
I used to like their Venetian coffee, but don't drink coffee anymore.

3. Name an embarrassing moment (Make it good). 
Why would I do this and here, of all places.

4. Is it hard for you to ask some to forgive you when you have wronged them?
No.  How can the world get to be a better place if we don't apologize and make amends?

4.5 Who do you wish you could meet? 
I really want to talk to Noam Chomsky, and this before the Orange Menace outlaws Freedom of Speech and the Freedom of Assembly.
  
5. Best food comes from which country? 
Years ago, I learned to cook Syrian foods.  Delicious!  

6. Do you like small talk, or deep conversations? 
Both.  Each has it's place in a well rounded mindfulness. 

7. Who do you most want to encourage this year? 
My three daughters.

8. If those who know you best gave you one piece of advice, what would they say? Would they be right? What will you do about it? 
They have done so.  They have told me to ignore Politics and just help people by knitting things or doing my jewelry.  Yes, they are right.  I am in the process of recovery, and when I do, I will knit things for the hospital cancer patients at the hospital that cared for my daughter.

9. How often do you get real sick? 
Seems like it's once a decade.

10. Are you a person who has a whole lot of acquaintances, or just a few very close friends? 
Actually I'm pretty sure I have both.

11. If you could cure a disease, or heal a sickness, which one would you choose?
All Cancers and in ALL of Nature.  That crap is everywhere,even in the Flora.

12. What was your favorite book of 2016?
Did I actually read something?  Ok, I think the one I've like the best is about a boy and a tree.
I love Donna Leon but she hasn't published another Mystery yet.  But if she did, that would be my near the top of favorites.  I know, this isn't helpful for list builders but those are the facts, Ma-am.

13. What was one of your biggest accomplishments in 2016?
Breathing and just keeping it up.  It's called Survival.  

14. If you could be guaranteed a spot on the reality show "Survivor", would you go? 
I live this Survival thing everyday; in fact we all do, so start filming your life.  Someone might just think it's got enough in it to make them a lot of money and you will be a star!

15. Which is worse? Shopping for Jeans or a bathing suit? 
Well, I think that shoe shopping is the real pain in the Azwan...

16. How old was your oldest living relative (still living or in the past)? [editor's note: I haven't got a clue as to what this question means either. That's why it's perfect...]
My great, Great Grandmother lived to be 117.  That's no typo.



Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Zippi! Great answers to the Sunday Steals. It is a great way to meet new folks. I have followed your blog now. Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee Bee. I've had to wait to get on the desktop to answer or, in some cases, to even comment.
      I hope I can be honest and not too controversial. But, it's going to take time to get sorted here.

      Delete
  2. Dang, 117. That is old! Wow. Enjoyed your answers to both week's questions. I hope you continue to survive for a good while yet, but I would also like to see you do more than surviving. Hugs & happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CountryDew. I'm regaining balance now. It sort of flits in and out, as everyone who has gone through things like this knows.
      Hugs back, and Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Were you able to find the info about Project Peace (the cowl knit along)? I tried to send you links. Her daily blog posts have been gentle reminders to help cultivate peace during these tumultuous days. I find knitting brings me great peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tumultuous days, indeed. But, remember, it ain't over "til it's over.
      Knitting does bring a very good state of mind. I will check my messages on Rav. Thanks for trying so hard to get this like to me because I'm so ready to knit a bit. I'll share an Ann Budd book, my only deal for black friday. Five bucks from Interweave. I was floored.

      Delete
    2. *link* darn auto correct, as if I'm not crazy enough!

      Delete
    3. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/project-peace

      Here's a link to the Ravelry project. Here's a link to her blog: http://www.thehealthyknitter.com/

      Delete
    4. Thank you Kwizgiver! So lovely! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. Wow...117! That would be pretty interesting if you still had your mind. My fear about living that long is that I will be sitting alone at the home drooling on myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Stacy. I don't want to go through another year like 2016. That's enough of Life, with a capital L, for me!
      My GGGM was a pure Spanish ancestor,too, blue eyes, like her son my GGrandfather, and not one of the Native Americans who can reaaaally get up there in age. Her great granddaughter, my gran, lived to be 95. For both, just surviving childhood was fortuitous. Also, bit of the ODD here, both my paternal and maternal grandmothers lost a baby girl in the Flu epidemic, and almost died themselves.

      Think all the GGG's are in order. lol

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..