A New Day Has ComeWelcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: A New Day Has Come (2002)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. Want to Join in the fun? Go HERE
Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2017!
Peace of Mind, si vous plaît...... Je suis tellement fatigué.
2) Ms. Dion has said this song was influenced by the events of 9/11, and how a new day dawned after tragedy. Looking back on 2016, did something happen that you're glad to leave behind and move away from?
Leave behind, no. I don't expect to ever not feel the sting of it. But move on from, yes. From the experience of others, I have learned, and from other such losses, I have learned this: I'll never forget - not ever.
3) In the video, Celine serenades us from billowy white clouds. Describe the sky where you are as you answer these 9 questions.
The sky is now Crystalline blue, and as clear as a bell. The warm air is back, too.
4) This video was shot in West Palm Beach, FL. When settlers arrived in the late 1870s, the town was called Lake Worth County. OK, your turn. Tell us something about your hometown.
Well, my home town would have been Hollywood, without the intervention of WWII, so let's see. Hollywood and Burbank still are home to a lot of studios. I just wish I had one of those lovely little bungalows where the stars were wont to stay...
5) Celine Dion's native tongue is French. Dites-nous quelque chose en Français.
(Little wonder that I can hardly understand this gal when she sings en Anglais) I always thought it was the reverb. Je ne me soucie pas de sa voix. Pardon. :-(
6) Celine's mother, Therese, is known in her Quebec neighborhood as a terrific cook. Think about your own domestic talents. Where do you excel? (Food prep, house cleaning, laundry, scheduling, etc.)
As long as "Did" is the operative word. I did well at home arts, i.e., cleaning, cooking, baking (these last two got kudos from friends and family so maybe that's the excel part?). I was very good at making new from old, as well as being a seamstress/tailor who sometimes got to trade tailoring alterations for the kiddies' Piano lessons. I rarely worked outside the home, so it was my "workplace" so to speak. I used to love, LOVE, fashion design.
7) Growing up, Celine and her siblings often performed in her family's piano bar. Where did you most recently enjoy an adult beverage?
At New Year's Eve. I had some lovely champagne.
8) In 2002, when this song was popular, Kmart was in the news because the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. What department store to you shop at most often?
Aha! marketing question alert. Just being silly..... I used to shop the Macy sales with my sister. Now, being older and not so spry, I prefer the Good Will and Zulily, for clothing, and Amazon for most other things. Appliances come from whomever has the best price when one of them craps out.
9) Random question: It's time for a midnight snack and you have your choice of one of these three -- a slice of sausage pizza, a bagel with lox and cream cheese, or a piece of carrot cake. Which will you have? And what shall we bring you to drink?
Please bring decaf tea, because the only thing I'd eat at midnight is a piece of Carrot cake. I don't want that sausage or the lox to come back and attack me in nightmares.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!