"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday Stealing: The Disappearing Questions...



We found this gem on Sunday very quickly. It's from a since retired blog that ended in that 2008 or so massive deserted blogs and bloggers. Other social media kicked the shit out of us. Why write a 600 word column and get four comments when you can go Facebook and publish a pic of freakin' dog and get 50 likes and 25 comments. You know what I think? (OK, I do acknowledge that most of you are thinking, "Not really Bud - we're here to do the damn questions", I think the blogosphere is better off without them. We who stayed are the artists, writers, humorists who don't care how many comments we get. We write because we are writers. Oh, wow. I do run on, no? The dead blog was called !enaj em s'taht. She got these questions from a blogger who not only stopped blogging, he deleted his blog.  Please like is on Facebook (details below) and Google Plus in our side bar. Let's get to it!



Note to Bud: You are right as to why we keep blogging away.  And why there are still blogs.  It's a creative outlet in a world out to smash the last bit of non conformity out of us.  Thank you for saying the above.  I whole-heartedly concur!

Cheers to all of us thieves!  



Sunday Stealing: The Disappearing Questions 

1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
So long ago, I don't remember the name.

2. What book are you reading?
Pollyanna, seriously, I am reading it.

3. Favorite board game?
My favorite is Parcheesi. 

4. Favorite magazine?
That is, "All Animals" from the Humane Society.

5. Favorite smells?
Coffee, Cinnamon, Cardamon, Pine trees, um...yellow snow.. just kidding! 

6. Favorite sounds?
Baby sounds.  All of them, human, lambs, kid goats,

7. Worst feeling in the world?
Picking up the pieces and going on when you just do not think you can.

8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
"Hell!"  Well, you did ask.

9. Favorite fast food place?
I like Panda Express the best.

10. Future child’s name?
If we'd have had a son, his name would have been James Robert.

11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….?
buy the kids all houses, and one for us nearer them, and give what is left away.

12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
Does fluffy, cuddly little Wolfie count?

13. Storms – cool or scary?
Storms are very cool!

14. Favorite drink?
I like Lemon ginger tea with honey.

15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”?
Start painting again.

16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
peeled and steamed, yes.

17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
I like my hair the color it is.

18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
Why would I do that? Big Mother Russia has been ears, so we are led to believe.

19. Favorite sports to watch?
I've sworn off watching sports.  But I will still occasionally watch Basketball and Soccer.

20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
He's a fighter.  A  real tiger.  I admire his guts, and his amiability, and his sense of humor.

21. What’s under your bed?
Dust Rhinos

22. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
No.  Once was enough.  Well, if I could have had my mother, sister and brothers with me that would have been nice.  Then I would meet Mr. Z, we'd have our four daughters, they'd all go to college, and, we'd find Laura's cancer in time, and all live happily *semi-ever* after.

23. Morning person, or night owl?
To be honest, I'm not either.  The new protocol is working but I sleep until 7.  Toss up I guess?

24. Over easy, or sunny side up?
Over easy.  There's something unsettling about a bright yellow yolk peering up at me, like one open eye, from the little fry pan.

25. Favorite place to relax?
Places.....I like to relax in my big, comfy Lazy Boy recliner or the big, comfy, and soft bed.
All this with the sort of small doggie tucked up along side me.

26. Favorite pie?
Yes.  I like, and used to make a Hershey's chocolate pie that was to die for.

27. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Jamoca almond fudge.  I like this recipe.

28. Of all the people who play, how many of the posts do you usually read?
I read them all.  And, I'll keep doing this as long as I'm able to. 


We are a band of thieves!  I like being a sorta, kinda pirate!
They look good in their clothes, don't they?

Avast Mateys!

8 comments:

  1. No matter where I am in the house my furry little girl is snugged up against me, too. I can't fall asleep if she isn't there.

    If pirates were really as dashing as Johnny and company I'd sign right up!

    Have a great week, Zip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snuggle pups and kittahs are lovely.
    Thanks,Stacy! Right back to ya..
    And yes, pirates are/were a Motley Crew. Hope you have a great week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like all of us are hoarding dust animals under our beds. If we ever get them all together, we'd be an ecological hazard! Again, we have many answers on which we agree. I do like this group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev, we would be a new group under environmental dangers, eh? Lol, you are fun!
    And I really do like this group,too. I try not to be too sassy, though it only works sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamoca almond fudge? Oh! Sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ill make you some when next we meet. Truly. I will. 😊

      Delete
  6. We are a mighty band of thieves, aren't we? Hey ho! And the pie sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CountryDew. We certainly are a mighty band of theieves. Hey Ho! And, we are Merry.
    I'll put up a copy of the pie recipe that was given me in the mid 60's.

    I've spent the last two hours trying to figure out what went wrong with the cache copies and Mozilla is working properly but not Chrome! Almost typed Crime!



    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..