Saturday 9: Love Yourself (2015)Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Justin sings that he doesn't like to admit he's wrong. When did you most recently cop to a mistake?
Yesterday, I was a little snappy with Mr. Z. So, later, I apologized. I've been a little crabby lately.
2) He also complains that his girl doesn't like his friends. Who is someone that you've met recently and liked?
I like all my new doctors. I'll always miss my last GP. She saved my sanity when I was truly sick, and she figured out all that was going on.
3) Justin first performed this song live on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Who is your favorite talk show host?
I haven't watched a talk show in ages but did like Oprah, back in the day. Maybe her cable show is better, i.e. no commercials every five minutes!
4) Young Mr. Bieber recently had his credit card rejected ... at a Subway Sandwich Shop. Think about your last trip to a fast food restaurant. Did you pay with cash or plastic or your phone?
It was with cash, as we're mostly "old school". We went to the fish market for fish and chips. I'm grateful that I can still eat deep water fish; then we drove out to Shelter Island and the boat basin to watch the sun set. It was a beautiful day for it.
|In case you didn't see this on Wordless Wednesday.|
Make it BIG!
Even though we're featuring a lack-of-love song, this is the last Saturday 9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday.
5) In Victorian England, it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine. Have you ever received an anonymous card from a secret admirer?
Lol, no. I was a total egg head, from Grammar school through College. No boy ever touched me even with a ten foot pole.
6) Retailers report that approximately 3% of pet owners buy Valentines for their furry friends. Have you ever purchased a gift for a pet on a special occasion?
Of Course, it's part of the fun in life to spoil your pets. And this seems to be ever so much truer in SoCal. I hope it's catching on world wide. A Planet with no cruelty. Yay!
|Jazzie and Wolfie got/get lots of presents.|
Wolfie, who must have never been played with,
doesn't play with toys. So, it's treats for him!
7) It was once believed that if a maiden ate a heavy meal before bed on February 13, her dreams that night would reveal the identity of the man she would eventually marry. Do you find that eating too close to bedtime disrupts your sleep?
Oh yes, and in a major way. I'd be up all night long if ever we did that.
8) The postmaster in Verona, Italy, reports that Shakespeare's Juliet Capulet still receives love letters. Without looking it up, can you give us a quote from Romeo and Juliet?
"O, I am Fortune's Fool" and that pretty much sums it up for me.
9) Necco's Sweethearts -- those little candy hearts that say things like "Be Mine" -- are Valentine Day's top-selling confection. Sam never could stand eating these candies. Do you like them?
I like them to scatter or glue on things. I think they taste a little chalky but so do Tums. heehee
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!