"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, February 10, 2017

Saturday9: Love Yourself, by Justin Bieber.

~*~Want to play along?  Go HERE for the info as well as a Linkie to all participants. ~*~


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Love Yourself (2015)

 Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Justin sings that he doesn't like to admit he's wrong. When did you most recently cop to a mistake?
Yesterday, I was a little snappy with Mr. Z.  So, later, I apologized.  I've been a little crabby lately.

2) He also complains that his girl doesn't like his friends. Who is someone that you've met recently and liked? 
I like all my new doctors.  I'll always miss my last GP.  She saved my sanity when I was truly sick,  and she figured out all that was going on.

3) Justin first performed this song live on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Who is your favorite talk show host?
I haven't watched a talk show in ages but did like Oprah, back in the day.  Maybe her cable show is better, i.e. no commercials every five minutes!

4) Young Mr. Bieber recently had his credit card rejected ... at a Subway Sandwich Shop. Think about your last trip to a fast food restaurant. Did you pay with cash or plastic or your phone?
 It was with cash, as we're mostly "old school".  We went to the fish market for fish and chips.  I'm grateful that I can still eat deep water fish; then we drove out to Shelter Island and the boat basin to watch the sun set.  It was a beautiful day for it.  
In case you didn't see this on Wordless Wednesday.
Make it BIG!

Even though we're featuring a lack-of-love song, this is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday. 

5) In Victorian England, it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine. Have you ever received an anonymous card from a secret admirer?
Lol, no.  I was a total egg head, from Grammar school through College.  No boy ever touched me even with a ten foot pole.  

6) Retailers report that approximately 3% of pet owners buy Valentines for their furry friends. Have you ever purchased a gift for a pet on a special occasion? 
Of Course, it's part of the fun in life to spoil your pets.  And this seems to be ever so much truer in SoCal.  I hope it's catching on world wide.  A Planet with no cruelty.  Yay!
Jazzie and Wolfie got/get lots of presents.
Wolfie, who must have never been played with,
doesn't play with toys.  So, it's treats for him!

7) It was once believed that if a maiden ate a heavy meal before bed on February 13, her dreams that night would reveal the identity of the man she would eventually marry. Do you find that eating too close to bedtime disrupts your sleep?
Oh yes, and in a major way.  I'd be up all night long if ever we did that.  

8) The postmaster in Verona, Italy, reports that Shakespeare's Juliet Capulet still receives love letters. Without looking it up, can you give us a quote from Romeo and Juliet?
"O, I am Fortune's Fool"  and that pretty much sums it up for me.  

9) Necco's Sweethearts -- those little candy hearts that say things like "Be Mine" -- are Valentine Day's top-selling confection. Sam never could stand eating these candies. Do you like them?
I like them to scatter or glue on things.  I think they taste a little chalky but so do Tums.  heehee



Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Wolfie is a sweetheart! I grew up with Poodles and continue to have one, myself. I love what little people pleasers they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! They are so tuned in to you! I will be forever in love with Poodles. When Wolfie goes to his Maker, and if we are still spry enough, I'd like to do Poodle and poodle mix fostering.

      Delete
    2. That would be wonderful! I'd love to have a whole herd of Poodles, but my hubby's not really on board with that idea. LOL

      Delete
  2. You're right! Those little hearts do taste like Tums!

    I am so loving all these R&J quotes this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I like them for their sayings, and I do eat a few because they are sweet. The people who make them should add sweet/tart versions, yes?

      I loved seeing all the quotes. Last night, on a show we watch, a young woman in Yellowknife made a long quote from R&J. Small world!

      Delete
  3. #4 sounds like a beautiful day. When I visit my brother in Maine there is a seafood place that I like, it is right at the end of the dock and you can watch the fishing boats unload. You can get any fresher lobsters than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a gorgeous day.

      And, No you sure can't get lobster any fresher than right off the boat. DH's father and BIL caught them in their traps. I'd never ever had one. Sadly, after eating them a couple of years, I broke out into hives. I think the lobster god did not want me eating his creatures.

      Delete
  4. You know,when it comes to gift giving.. my dogs always always always get me exactly what I want or will like. [wink wink]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that not amazing? How could human males fail in such a big way when dogs always know what to get you? *Wink wink* Lol... that is too funny Harriet!

      Delete
  5. My parents' dog, Maggie, was a rescue dog--she doesn't know how to play with toys, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor wee Maggie. She might start playing again if she gets around other dogs who do. Play stance is something Wolfie learned when he went to the dog parks. Tiny Jazzie, the dog pictured above, dropped into play stance the instant DH put his fingers down and scruffled the rug at our club's shop. at that time, at 11 weeks, Jazzie was so little I could hold him in one of my hands.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations for NOT using "wherefore art thou Romeo?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee. I have always felt like Fortune's fool, other than lucky in love, so it was dead easy to remember that Bard Blurb.

      Delete
  7. And here at home this morning I was quoting "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." Ah well. I like your quote. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, thank you kindly, CountryDew. Monty Python is just amazing. I think we all might find solace there in this Brave New World. HA!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..