Want to join in the meme? Go HERE to read other participant's offerings.
Mama Can't Buy You Love (1979)Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here
1) This week's artist, Elton John, was made an Office of Arts and Letters -- one of France's highest honors for people who have contributed significantly to the arts. What's the most recent compliment you received? My sister told me that she would find it very hard to get through a day without me.
2) In 2013, Elton had to cancel an international concert tour because he had an appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix? Still have it.
3) In 1979, Elton John was the first Western rock star to tour the Soviet Union. Would you like to visit Russia? Though I like, even love the Russian people, no. Heck, I wouldn't even visit the USA right now if I didn't live here.
4) Elton and his mother hadn't spoken in years but he reached out to her and healed their beach in honor of her 90th birthday in 2015. Who is the oldest person you know? MIL is nearly 99.
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming? It's green, very green this year, and blooming. Even the new Butterfly Bushes - Buddleias - are blooming.
6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought? My sister. Her birthday is today. (Saturday)
7) Sam's mother is very careful when she unwraps presents because she likes to save money by to reusing wrapping paper and gift bags. Tell us one way that you economize.
I'm with your Mama. I also save wrapping paper but not the gift tags. I like to use the paper to wrap shoe boxes (and other worthy boxes) make them look more special as storage boxes. It sparkles up the habitat.
8) Mother Winters used to scold Crazy Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she still leaves dirty dishes in the sink. How about you? Is your sink or dishwasher empty? Mr. Z. isn't bothered by dishes in the sink, but I always am. The sink has a few dishes in it at the moment. The dishwasher is always emptied out regularly.
9) RANDOM QUESTION: What size mattress do you sleep on -- twin, full, queen or king?
I sleep on a California King Pillow Top. 'Tis lovely.