"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease ๐Ÿฆ  And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Sunday Stealing.. BUGS!

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. 

Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim's questions in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post. Cheers to all of us thieves!
Absolutely adorable BUG!


Here are some questions about bugs and other things you might find interesting.  It's another of those memes I stole many years ago without copying down the location of the place where I stole it!

Remember: If you want to join in, or see other participant entries, go HERE

1. You are walking down the road and you look down. There is a bug. Do you step on it? 
Not ever if I can help it.  I wouldn't drop a baby to not step on it, but I'd try to avoid doing this.  It has it's little life to live to.  I rescue bugs.  Do I brake for them? Sometimes.. Goliath Beetle, absolutely.  I can see them really well.  

2. What is one fantasy that you want to come true more than any other?
An alien race actually cares enough about us to come and extract the bad juju from the minds of those who have it, and then sets our feet back on the path of world Peace.  And, we are actually GRATEFUL and bend our swords into plowshares!

3. Someone knocks on your door. Do you look out the window to see who it is before you open it? Do you open it regardless of who it is? 
I can see through my front door. So this is not a question that requires much thought on my part.  

4. Have you ever eaten Play Doh?
We didn't have Play Doh when I was a kid, so no, I've never eaten it.  I did MAKE a version of Play Doh for the kids, but mine was bakeable, too.  All mother's of my generation know how to do this. 
The one I linked I found on line at AllRecipes... lots of ads.  Also, this version can't be baked.  The kids made some cute little Christmas Ornaments of the  60's version.  You could paint them.

5. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child and why?
For always and ever more, it will by "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show".  It was so very cool.

6. Are you a “people watcher”? 
No, to be honest, I'd rather watch birds.  I'm a bird watcher.  
I think that people get nervous when you watch them too much.  I really kind of think that it's rude.  Here's an article I found about it, while I was poking around the internet to see if People Watching was what I remembered it to be.... a Slight snarkiness that women in the Midwest were participating in back in the 40's and 50's, etc etc.  Oh yes, I really can remember this.  Mother thought this behavior was rude.  She called it "Hens, pecking".  She didn't like it.  Maybe that's why I feel uncomfortable around it.  There is also a sort of harmless people watching.  So, it depends on why it's being done, I suppose. 

7. I have a bowl of fruit. There are apples, oranges, and pears. You help yourself to one - which one do you choose?
If it's a navel orange, I'd pick that.  Otherwise I'd pick the apple, unless the pears were Bosc pears.  Then I'd pick that.  And you thought that it was going to be a simple answer.  Buhahahaha!

8. What is your biggest pet peeve in the blogging world? 
Links that go to mega advert pages where you have to wade knee deep through banners and breaks in the narrative to get the story.  I don't normally stay at a monetized blog that has huge gaps of ads stuffed all around.  Polite ads are another thing.  I can tolerate them.

9. What is one religion that you could just never see yourself joining?
This is a loaded cannon if ever there was one.  
No, unless it's one I haven't studied yet, or read the Holy Book for.  
I believe that all paths lead to the truth that we are all one big family.  And that there are superior beings who love and care for us. It's our task to seek them out.  We also have to stop this warfare and stop giving them great big headaches.   Now I'll be quiet.  Quiet is where the Spirit Dwells.  That still, small voice that every belief system tells us is there.

I'm not sure exactly how to say this, but once our little nuclear family created it's own religion, and we called ourselves the Holy Hopjes.  It's a kind of candy.  And Saturday was our Sabbath, and on that day we ate some Hopjes and sometimes blew bubbles at the beach or a park as one of our tiny rituals.  Of course, we were all Quaker, too.  And, we prayed for world Peace.



10. What word do you use far too often? 
"Wish".  I must say that 50 times a day.

11. How long do you spend in the shower? 
Five minutes.  Ten if I'm washing my hair.  This is California, and we all have to do our part.

12. If you were to write a personal ad about yourself, what would it say?
IDK..."Grandmotherly woman in her mid 70's, who sews and knits and makes ceramics, seeks a House in Arkata(or surrounding area) in California, for the use of re-uniting her family in a city that knows how to reduce pollution.  Only really large houses with barns for our plow horses need apply."  

13. Your favorite flavor of soup is….? 
Soup has a flavor?  Minestrone.  I like that best, especially home made.

14. You are sitting on a bench in the park and a bug walks in front of your feet…. do you squash him?  (I am assuming this is a different bug from question #1)
Depends on the bug.   To be honest, I like bugs a whole lot better than most people do.  Most bugs are very likable.  They do a LOT of work for the Home Team, meaning self centered Humans.  So, no, I wouldn't squash him unless he was a very deadly one that could hurt children if they happened by.  Adults, well they can fend for themselves.



8 comments:

  1. I forgot about Bullwinkle, but he was on Sunday mornings where I lived. That whole show and all the little bits (Fractured Fairy Tales was my favorite) was great!
    There are still plenty of people out there who watch others just so they can tear them down. I can't stand that and just don't get the mentality. I'd rather hope we all succeed on our journey to become the best person we can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fractured Fairy Tales was cute, and funny. I remember it but can’t remember that it was part of the show. I’m slipping up here. ๐Ÿ˜‚
      People watching, yes. It can be an innocent and peaceful activity, but like all human activities, has a dark underbelly.
      About being Christian, and welcoming Christ into your life, I am not separated, ever, from that entity. My spectrum is just broader than most others. I’m trying to say, it’s personal, without saying why. Hope you get my drift. I’m not crazy, but I have visions. Make sense?

      Delete
  2. What is a goliath beetle? Nevermind, I am not sure I want to know. I am amazed that we have the exact answer for #2. If you lived on this coast, I would hunt you down simply to give you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, you don’t want to know but when has that ever stopped me? ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜œ
      Goliath beetles are gentle and huge. People keep them for pets.
      Question 2 is for all us little Aliens who are waiting for the Mother Ship to return for us, ๐Ÿค–. I hope it’s soon! I’m glad to make contact! Squeeee! ๐Ÿ˜‰((((( Big Hugs)))))

      Delete
  3. I am a gentle people watcher--not for snark, just for curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought so, and I think you are the best kind of People watcher.
      It would be fun to have you as a companion for a open air cafe knit-in, and/or a Knitting lunch. Where can we meet up? I do a little people watching, and especially the little people. Love to watch children talking or playing. When I'm reaaally old I think I'll take the bus to the mall and knit there and catch up on my little people watching.

      Delete
  4. Do you say "I wish"? and if you do...do you roll your eyes? hehe I do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,yes, Shannon. I do that one,with a roll of the eyes. Lol..
      And also the other one, while sporting a wistful, faraway gaze. :o)

      It took 3 tries to get this thing right! Hope you didn't get three notices all with various spellings and word structure! Sheesh

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..