"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Monday Morning blues.... or not...What's up?

Monday Morning Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim's questions in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post. Cheers to all of us thieves!


We stole this from Phoenix the Blogging Mama , who stole it from Karen, who made up the questions herself.

1. How has your life most benefited from the Internet? Whether it’s meeting people, cutting business overhead, finding rare collectibles, or simply sharing funny cat pictures, share how the web has made life easier.
I like having the chance to meet people from all over the world who are trying to make their lives and the lives of others better.  I like that we can do fun things like the memes, and have blogs, and keep in touch with family a lot easier now.  And, I like all the Birds and Animals and Flowers on Instagram.  Easier?  I guess that it's easier, but the great thing about it is that the Internet has added a dimension of fun to life that never existed before.  I am worried about how it can be used against us.  And just who is going to control the content.  I don't like what's happening with net neutrality, but Big Business is always trying to maximize it's take, isn't it?  I'd like to be able to use a cattle prod on every hand that reached into my purse and tried to steal freedom, money, or joy from me.

2. How do you deal with negative comments on your blog?
The person making trolling comments would get banned.  That's only happened once, back before 911, even.   I argued for healthcare for about three months with a troll.  Finally I banned them when they decided that they were going to up the hostilities.  

3. There’s never enough time, is there? What would you do with an extra three hours today?
I don't have this problem, but back in the day, I would have killed for three more hours to sleep!
Disney of course.  I was trying to find the one that Gal used
but alas.  It was of Prince Charming starting to kiss Sleeping Beauty.
She was thinking, "If he really loved me, he'd let me get more sleep!"

4. The getaway car is waiting outside – where is it taking you?
Is it a Limo?  In that case, Mr.Z and I want to go to our Yacht in San Diego Harbor.  From there we'd sail north, dock at Santa Cruz harbor, rent a big vacation house, and then take all the kids shopping, via the sea, in San Francisco.  Then we'd all spend Christmas together in that big house.  Dream big they say!  


5. Who was your "arch enemy" in high school? Do you have any enemies today?
I don't remember having enemies in high school.  Junior High, oh ya....  
In High School, I was not popular nor controversial enough to have enemies.  I was basically invisible to other kids whom I didn't run with -the semi bad girls and some very nice girls who had formed a sort of alliance.  
As far as the NOW:  I have some people in real life that I don't trust an inch with my heart.  To interact with them, which must be done, I look inward into their souls and love the soul. For sanity's sake, I've learned to do this.

6. You’re giving the keynote address to the graduating seniors of a high school today. What’s your advice to them?
Get your education!  Don't let anything stop you.  Start early looking for scholarships that are hidden and that are small, but get them if you can.  They are a respectable way to shave costs.  Don't expect not to work while you are at school.  Get a cafeteria job or other small on campus job if you can.  

Having said this, I am now going to vent.....This Article from the New York Times describes a fierce fight to get Commercial Banking out of the student loan market.  This should have always been handled through University Grants, scholarships, Pell grants, and other grants (Pell grants having been re-instated some great while after Reagan did away with them).   Governments should be in the business of helping the PEOPLE who pour their money, hearts and souls into the "Cash Cow" called the United States Treasury.  It has, after all, saved Car Companies and Giant Banks from being thrown under the bus after they played Texas Holdem with their assets.  Trump should know all about this, having been a bankrupt.  Political Fact Site Article

Private enterprise will always try to make a dollar on anything they touch.  They should not have been let into that Education, and been able to make a "market" there.  Some things are just too important.

7. Thinking of words of wisdom: What's the worst advice you've ever received?
Advice?  None.  However, I was the recipient of some very STRIDENT insistence that a certain person's horse was tired and would therefore be a perfect lamb to ride.  The woman was basically an idiot when it came to her horse, and I was an even bigger idiot for listening to her.  

8. Tell us about the best summer vacation you EVER had.
The one where we took a few weeks to go up the West Coast as far as the Oregon Border.  I wished we'd been able to go even further up the coast all the way to Vancouver Island and been able to take some of the kids with us.

9. What do you have to have with you when you travel? Why?
I'm a gypsy.  I like having my home on wheels with me.  It makes my life a lot easier.

10. Would you accept $1,000,000 tax free, if it meant you had to leave the country and never come back?
Now that would have to have three more zeros on it for that to happen.

11. Do you believe the world will be a better, or worse, place 100 years from now?
I hope it will be better for the sake of the animals and little children, but with the concentration of power and wealth around the world, and all of the elite in denial, I haven't much hope about it.

12. Do you expect to buy a new winter coat this year?
No.  I have a down jacket and the only other thing I'd like to have is a down coat.  I like them a lot.

13. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so?
I don't think I'd give up a year of mental growth and living with my family and friends and Wolfie, just to have, basically, a dream I couldn't remember when I woke up.  Seems pretty DUH to me!

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your very thoughtful answers today, Zip. I agree with pretty much everything. The internet...all that you said, but I would add that along with who is "watching" I worry about how it may be isolating us in real life. We make all these online connections, but real face-to-face connections seem to be suffering. Your dream is wonderful! On #5, there are people I have to ask God to help me see with His eyes all the time...cause if I look at them with mine I'm gonna want to whack them upside the head! You pegged it with #13. I would never give up what I have now for something I'm not going to remember anyway. Happy Sunday and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a great believer in the saying, "Let go and Let God". Since I'm Quaker (I know we are different) I believe a little differently, almost that there is a spiritual portal inside us, let's say. And, I speak and interact with some tough people in my life through this "way", through that Portal. Through the Heart, you might say.

      About the internet: I worry about who is watching. I don't actually see the internet as being isolating, as it is social media in such a huge, interconnected way. There are real people in say, Instagram, who are communicating with their photos, and sometimes words. What you say to them, they hear, and maybe it's something that they need to hear to get them through a day. I think there are about 700 million people who are subscribers? You can spread so much genuine kindness and encouragement out there it's phenomenal.
      Thank you for the blessing. I wish to return the favor and wish this for you as well.

      Delete
  2. I have such a spotty memory that #13 sounds like a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see. Well that would be an attraction. I would rather go back and forget a year (several actually) I've lived as a child, not one to be lived with my family. As tough as it's been this last year and a half, I want to remember it all. But childhood, the giver of this quiz would get an emphatic YES!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's nice to see that so many people who want change for the better are here, but so few of us perceive anyway at all that the world won't just keep getting worse. We passed the Cusp sometime ago. This political crassness it unbearable. OWB is a loser and plays at being a human while his actions are based on the reptilian part of his brain. *rolls Eyes*

      Delete
  4. I think if you were to use that cattle prod you'd have no time for anything else. All they want is what they can get out of us, and then to toss us into the trash like so much garbage. I used to think a lot of humanity. I don't so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, in the current climate of this country. It's sad. Also, I don't think that much of Vulture Capitalists, not to juxtaposition that lot with "Communists", but with Humanitarians, like Dr. Albert Schweitzer. It's possible to be a good person and still enjoy free enterprise as a goal in an economic system. But, there has to be government oversight when public money is up for grabs by every Tom, Dick and Harry. (Sorry Harry. You are sweet.)

      I think there are enough of that certain excellent type of human around - the Albert Schweitzer type - for me to stay in love with humans. Of all human governments, the ones that do the best for all of their people are not what we have been mostly being run by. These guys might as well be aliens, they are so lizard minded. I will say, that given the choice, I will NOT be back.

      An article about Albert Schweitzer. Over time, the few racist things he said have loomed huge, but I consider them mild vis a vis the current unenlightened attitudes running all over Washington.

      https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/dr-albert-schweitzer-a-renowned-medical-missionary-with-a-complicated-history

      Delete
    2. PS: I consider current communist regimes to be State Capitalists.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..